One of the beauties--and uglies--of the internet is that you have no clue about the person posting a comment. Age/Gender/Socio-economic background, etc. It's just words on the screen and could be posted by a rocket science genius or, a 12 year old kid. So, readers are forced to take the post at face value and can only guess at what might be gonig on behind the scenes.

Today's youth is smarter and more technologically adept than they were 10 years ago and lightyears ahead of the youth of 25 years ago. Unfortunately, education does not = maturity. How many parents have said to their teens something along the lines of "you may be studying advanced math but you've barely begun to study life!" (or something similar)? I just participated in a thread regarding a new ban on texting while driving. Several kids posted saying they do it all the time and that they're "good at it, better than older people who have reduced reaction times" etc. (NO, I am NOT trying to start that up again, lol...the thread was closed by the mods). My point is, most of the participants were astounded by the some of these posts. Well written and clear, it was evident that regardless of how much education you have, you know next to nothing about life and are still full of the ideologies of youth and the feeling of invincibility that we all had at one point or another in your younger lives.

So, when I read the "RIM IS DEAD" threads, my first guess is that it was started by someone pretty young and clueless about business, business cycles, branding, demographics, market penetration, etc. They take one or two facts and voila, they have some far-reaching conclusion about the demise of RIM. Anyone surprised?
    06-11-10 11:21 AM
    Today's youth is smarter and more technologically adept than they were 10 years ago and lightyears ahead of the youth of 25 years ago. Unfortunately, education does not = maturity.
    Our trolls regularly prove that point. Some may have physical age but they never matured beyond early teens.
    06-11-10 11:45 AM
    Our trolls regularly prove that point. Some may have physical age but they never matured beyond early teens.
    NOOB!

*ahem*

I mean, ya, you're right.

And to make matters worse most people will say or do just about anything on the internets as it feels like a completely anonymous place. People are free to express their opinions in any way they want all without fear of me showing up at their home like the movie "What About Bob".

Things like that in the old days used to keep everyone honest and civilized. Not today.
    06-11-10 11:48 AM
    Yeah RIM won't die out. Look at PALM. It's survived. That said, I like posts like this. I'm old enough to have seen, believe and now teach that all change happens at the fringes. And if the fringe elements in the BB community continually push the conversation and strain credulity with their tens of thousands of post about RIMs flaws and shortcomings and predicted demise; well I'm good with that. Fact is hardware and software wise RIM does need to change. They are well behind. No impartial observer denies that. For those with BBs shoved down their corporate or government throats change can not come soon enough - - REVOLUTION!!. For those who are happy to have litlle change, or fear any change; evolution is satisfactory. But even those of you who only wish for minor evolutionary changes, should take a second and applaud those who scream wildly at the fringes, because we all benefit from their push.
    06-11-10 11:59 AM
    Heck man, I'm only 12 years old mentally. What, I ask you, is wrong with that?
    06-11-10 12:09 PM
    Ah, but that is only since you retired and started regressing.
    06-11-10 12:15 PM
    Good luck with the iphone. I liked it. I'm sure you will like yours. But I love my blackberry so I came back. I won't be surprised if you do come back to the blackberry, especially when OS 6.0 is out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-10 01:00 PM
    It's not fair!!! I'm 13 YO mentally and still have 3 more years before I can retire early!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-10 02:19 PM
    NOOB!

*ahem*

I mean, ya, you're right.

And to make matters worse most people will say or do just about anything on the internets as it feels like a completely anonymous place. People are free to express their opinions in any way they want all without fear of me showing up at their home like the movie "What About Bob".

Things like that in the old days used to keep everyone honest and civilized. Not today.
    You and showing up at peoples homes! I swear that you are somehow watching all of us right now! LOL
    06-12-10 01:54 AM
184 ... 678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD