I honestly love my 9700, but some of ya peeps love your phones like it is your child...maybe more...it baffles my mind at times, lol!

I can care less what phone is coming out, I get the one the best fits my needs, not about all the specs and "this" is the phone of all phones...I don't buy into the hype..

This is coming from someone who has owned 2 Andriod phones before they were so popular and messed around plenty on a iPhone...

It sounds nice, indeed...just come back to planet Earth...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-10 12:03 AM
    soooo let me get this straight....the iphone killed BB with 3gs, motto Droid killed BB, EVO killed BB, and now the iphone4 is going to kill BB...well dang how many lives does BB have?
    06-08-10 12:38 AM
    soooo let me get this straight....the iphone killed BB with 3gs, motto Droid killed BB, EVO killed BB, and now the iphone4 is going to kill BB...well dang how many lives does BB have?
    Think of BlackBerry as being the number 3 guy in Al Qaeda. We keep killing him and
    then 3 months later there's a new one
    06-08-10 12:50 AM
    These threads are all the same. 9 pages of unreadable back and forth. Glad I went right to the last page to say my BlackBerry works fine. Rarely reboot and it does everything I want it to do, and does it well. For those unhappy with Rim, get something else. No one here is going to try to talk you out of it.

06-08-10 01:00 AM
    [QUOTE=ChuckH0308;5210657]The new iPhone isn't going to kill anyone.

The iPhone isn't going to kill anyone.

It's an instrument of peace, not of war.

:-)

06-08-10 01:12 AM
    These threads are all the same. 9 pages of unreadable back and forth. Glad I went right to the last page to say my BlackBerry works fine. Rarely reboot and it does everything I want it to do, and does it well. For those unhappy with Rim, get something else. No one here is going to try to talk you out of it.

Took the words right out of my mouth.
    06-08-10 01:30 AM
    Which is the reason I don't come to this site much anymore. The same ranters complaining about a device they hate yet own. Then they try to shove their ideas of what they want down my throat and call me complacent, naive and naive for not wanting those things. Then there are the marketshare quoters who must report on every 1% blip as if they had something at stake - they need validation for their decisions
    I can be gone two weeks, come back, and it's the same rant fest from the same participants. Or new trolls.
    So I stay away, sneak a peek, get nauseous, go to a couple of forums, and go live my life with my 9700, go to work with my newly work-provided Tour, and don't worry about everyone else's narcissistic op eds about how much they think I'm missing.
    End of the day, it's a tool to get things done, not validation of who I am as a human being.
    06-08-10 05:42 AM
    With BlackBerry shares falling and the Apple iPhone creating buzz about a potential "end to BlackBerry" among uneducated dorks, how can we defend how BlackBerry (in terms of it's business model) will continue to succeed?

Have no fear. BlackBerry has a core business in the B2B market space, and those that claim that "BlackBerry is going to fall to iPhone" have no idea how hard it will be to take that market away from BlackBerry. This is BlackBerry's bread and butter. They have the infrastructure that nobody can match - an end-to-end ecosystem where they control the software, the OS, the device, the NOC, the everything. Will iPhone continue to gain share in the consumer space? Yes. Will this cause BlackBerry to fall off the map? Of course not.

Aside from their infrastructure, BlackBerry has another major advantage, and that is their relationships with carriers. Carriers have every reason to push BlackBerry's as their compression technology and efficient use of carrier's bandwidth (through the use of their NOC) allows carriers to save their own money on their own networks on their own bandwidth. As data traffic increases more and more, BlackBerry will be the winner. Carriers will go with the BlackBerry and market these devices more than an iPhone. This is the one chance for BlackBerry to win in the B2C space. Not through an improved OS 6, not through improved applications/APIs (although they will need these to even have a chance), but by the fact that iPhone users will lack such a great user experience in terms of data usage and slow traffic. Will it happen for sure? I can tell you that there is one **** of a chance...
    06-08-10 05:50 AM
    Video calling will never ever take off cuz we like our privacy to much. I like the freedom to scratch my arse or pick my nose while on the phone, or worse, sit on the toilet.
    And business will always be done trough email simply to have a record of all your conversations so you can fall back on it if a dispute arises later.

06-08-10 07:05 AM

Well put. Threads like these make me LOL.
    06-08-10 07:14 AM
    I hate to say that, but in some parts, I have to agree with that...

I mean, I just saw the new Iphone 4G add and the HTC evo...

the new BBs can�t compete with that, don`t get me wrong - I love BB,
    but in the year 2010: Onboard memory 256mb or 512mb?
    My 8900 even can�t run on OS 6.0.

The new slider which is coming out?
    Slow processor?
    Real new steps forward?
    It�s getting really annoying to see old (getting) hardware in a new package...
    06-08-10 08:18 AM
    As much as I hate the iphone, a big reason im leaving BB is everyone is trying to catch up to the iphone. BB is about 3 generations behind everyone else.
    06-08-10 08:39 AM
    Rim is not going anywhere but up. With the new stuff comming down the pipe, the slider, os 6, the next curve. The updated 9700, it may seem to some that killing certain lines of devices as a bad sign. I say its a good sign. Yes i hated to see the tour phased out but in light of what replaced it im happy. They just streamlined business, and in todays economy simpler is better, the less product lines they have the more focus they get, and the better devices they get, thats why the iphone is so popular, its the only phone apple makes. If that ever goes out of style theyre done. Rim is not going anywhere, just my opinion.
    06-08-10 08:39 AM
    Don't know if this a trend but I have two teenagers that have BB and they tell me also everyday about a friend that just got a BB. They tell me it seems to be the new thing with teens...maybe just where I live but I see a lot of teens carrying BB not iphone.
    My two cents
    I will be sticking with you BB Storm 2 and look forward to OS 6.
    06-08-10 09:01 AM
    Name two instances in which RIM has within the past two years? Besides
    new devices.
    I never said that RIM is some innovating giant. I just find it funny, and ironic that people argue that RIM doesn't innovate, but then act like Apple is on the cutting edge. The only things Apple has really "innovated" in the mobile phone market are a finger friendly OS, well run app store, and advertising that expertly plays on people's stupidity.

I think you've missed the point of that post. It was almost sarcastic in a way, saying RIM really doesn't innovate, and saying that Apple isn't innovating either. At least, that's how I perceive it, though I don't agree. BTW, if you say besides devices then Apple hasn't innovated in the past two years either
    It was pointing out the irony of the people who think Apple is cutting edge.
    06-08-10 09:06 AM
    If you people really can't see how you're being sucked into this then I feel
    sorry for you guys.
    Says the guy sucking the Jobs teet.
    06-08-10 09:09 AM
    With the new i phone coming out and nothing on the horizon for rim. I feel this is the beginning of the end for blackberry. They have been relying on there puch button email system too long and havent updated their product and are falling behind android and iphone. Its really sad because they were the kings of smart phones and now they are yestedays news. I have an 8310 curve and have been waiting for the new blackberry to come out. The 9700 bold just doesnt cut it compared to the i phone. Cant wait to get the new i phone.
    Bwwwwaaaaaaahahahaahahahaahahaaaa!

Thanks, I got a good laugh from that post.

Oh yeah, get a spell/punctuation checker on your new iphone.
    06-08-10 09:15 AM
    I highly doubt RIM is going to take anything laying down. They're merely cycling as cell phone companies tend to do. While I am a huge fan of Apple (i want an ipad) the iphone has much more to contend with. For instance, unlimited data plans for iphones are going to be pulled.
    06-08-10 09:45 AM
    I never said that RIM is some innovating giant. I just find it funny, and ironic that people argue that RIM doesn't innovate, but then act like Apple is on the cutting edge. The only things Apple has really "innovated" in the mobile phone market are a finger friendly OS, well run app store, and advertising that expertly plays on people's stupidity.

It was pointing out the irony of the people who think Apple is cutting edge.
    Apple is living off innovation from a few years ago, I agree.

Which makes it more surprising that RIM can't catch up so easily. OS 6 is innovative relative to OS 5, but compared to the rest of the market? Nothing special at all.
    06-08-10 10:04 AM
    I hate to say that, but in some parts, I have to agree with that...

I mean, I just saw the new Iphone 4G add and the HTC evo...

the new BBs can�t compete with that, don`t get me wrong - I love BB,
    but in the year 2010: Onboard memory 256mb or 512mb?
    My 8900 even can�t run on OS 6.0.

The new slider which is coming out?
    Slow processor?
    Real new steps forward?
    It�s getting really annoying to see old (getting) hardware in a new package...
    Exactly, the 9650 is the same phone as the Tour, same case, same processor, same camera. They increased the memory, added wifi, and swapped the trackball for a touch pad. No way those small changes add enough to the price to raise the cost to Flagship level. Think about it what if Dell or HP still has the same processor in their current flagship laptop as they did in last years? They would be laughed out of town. Each new model laptop gets a better processor, more memory, higher resolution screen and it's usually cheaper then the previous models offering. I mean the same damn processor, running at the same frequency!! They couldn't even eek a bit more speed out of the thing they had over a year to perfect the manufacturing process and should of been able to give it at least a small bump in frequency.
    06-08-10 10:09 AM
    Which is the reason I don't come to this site much anymore. The same ranters complaining about a device they hate yet own. Then they try to shove their ideas of what they want down my throat and call me complacent, naive and naive for not wanting those things. Then there are the marketshare quoters who must report on every 1% blip as if they had something at stake - they need validation for their decisions
    I can be gone two weeks, come back, and it's the same rant fest from the same participants. Or new trolls.
    So I stay away, sneak a peek, get nauseous, go to a couple of forums, and go live my life with my 9700, go to work with my newly work-provided Tour, and don't worry about everyone else's narcissistic op eds about how much they think I'm missing.
    End of the day, it's a tool to get things done, not validation of who I am as a human being.
    This post needs to be 'copied & pasted" into each and every one of these dumb, redundant-*** threads...

06-08-10 10:18 AM
    This post needs to be 'copied & pasted" into each and every one of these dumb, redundant-*** threads...

Amen brother.
    06-08-10 10:25 AM
    RIM has always been behind other manufactures, they never innovated anything other then their push email system. And it has worked for them just fine. I don't know why so many people are expecting them to come out with something new that will blow their mind. 4G? Never mind 4G, 3G is not reliable yet, yesterday in Belfast 3G wasn't working all day, had to switch back to 2G. RIM is making brilliant use of older technology and making work very well.
    Also why do you need a faster processor, I can't keep up with my 9700, what use would it be to have a faster processor. Is this a look at my horse power figure situation where what really matters is the torque?

06-08-10 10:46 AM
    I don't know. I don't really care. My phone does everything I need it to and the only thing I want is the new browser.

Opera Mini is an "okay" browser the chances of BB/RIM doing something better highly unlikely. I'm pretty sure there thinking is, its a phone you dont need to surfer the web
    06-08-10 11:10 AM
    Ahuh. When the iphone has a clickable screen or a good slide-out keyboard, let me know.

Clickable screen: sucks/annoying

Slide-out keys? Years behind!!!

Iphone browser, form factor, and general power, along with a much stronger app store?

Definitely something that could, but won't blow rim out. Put a bb touch screen device to an iphone and apples crushs blackberries. I don't like apple, but I'm not blind or ignorant to what they have.

06-08-10 11:16 AM
184 ... 45678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD