pilsbury, it's obvious you are a BB noob and have no clue about your device. The "Push Button Email" has always been there, it's right next to the "Print Money" button. Pay attention, man!

I want "push button" email on my 9700!!!!! Ive been looking for the button now for 6 months..............................
    06-07-10 02:41 PM
    Yea it's hard to find... remove the battery and it should be next to your SIM... only problem it doesn't really work because the phone has no power

On a serious note. I love the way that everyone talks about RIM dying. Why would RIM die?? because The new iphone could edit videos?? Or because it does video calling?? show me 1 person that wants/needs that and I'll show you 10 that don't.
    The Iphone 4G is going to be amazing I think.... and that 40% more battery is true there goes one of the biggest downfalls of the Iphone. But RIM and Apple are not competing for the same type of users.... This release today I think proved that Apple is very focused for the "media" users...... sorta like Android is.
    Unless you guys think that every smart phone user in the world wants a touch screen that could edit videos and play games I can't see how you would think RIM is dead.
    Totally agree. While I really like my Droid, I don't even use most of its features on a daily basis.
    06-07-10 02:41 PM
    I hate AT&T in every way imaginable and the bandwidth issue is but one more demonstration of their poor planning. One would think, KNOWING that A. Their flagship device was going to be viewed by millions; B. The conference hall would be packed with journalists doing live blogs. So, one would think, I know this is a stretch here, that they would have increased local capacity for bandwidth to handle the load?

I mean, really....didn't they learn anything from the last Super Bowl?

In this entire post, you only used one period and that one period is placed in the wrong spot, making your post more of a cluster.

And yes, the iPhone did have trouble connecting to the WiFi network since so many journalists were on it updating their live blogs:

Steve Jobs live from WWDC 2010 -- Engadget

No big deal really, no fault of the phone, just the lack of bandwidth.
    06-07-10 02:45 PM
    But I thought RIM was killed on Friday when the HTC Ego came out? Did they put it on life support for the weekend?
    06-07-10 02:47 PM
    There is no way 1 phone on 1 carrier is going to kill a worldwide company that offers many phones on many carriers.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-10 02:51 PM
    iOS 2.5??

Apple just dropped a bomb. Now is RIM going away? No. But they damn well better listen. If the battery can perform like they are touting, there goes the one main complaint about the iPhone. If multitasking works they way they're saying, not hurting battery life, there goes number two.

What else really is there?

RIM will always have the strict business sector, they're security is unmatched. But for the rest of the smartphone world, Apple just set the bar.
    What else? The At&t sub-par network.

However, Jobs said in his keynote that the stainless steel portion of the case was used as the antenna. I'm wondering if that will help with some of the reception/dropped call issues.
    06-07-10 02:56 PM
    You are clearly here to stir up trouble. A one post wonder. If this thread goes bad, I'll close it.

What do you mean "nothing on the horizon from rim"?

There is a new BlackBerry, the 9800 which is around about a light year ahead of anything that Apple will ever be capable of making. RIM have just released the 930 and the Storm 3 is coming soon.

BlackBerrys have had multitasking OSs for many years. Apple is only just about to release their first effort.

BlackBerrys have proper keyboards

BlackBerrys have a highly secure email that Apple cannot match

The BlackBerry is a profrssional phone whilst the iPhone is little more than a very good selling fashion accessory and an iPod that makes phone calls.
    Please tell me that was your dry attempt at humor. The 9800 as "light years ahead of the iPhone 4" I don't think so... I am however looking forward to being able to video call on a BB in the year 2020. also, the 9300 is a rehashed 8500. 320x240 resolution display. Ya, that's amazingly light years ahead. lol The jury is out on the Storm 3, but I'm not holding my breath on that one. Looks like RIM's not anywhere close to solving the memory shortage issues with the platform and they have no interest in doing anything about it in the near future.

The new iPhone will ship in 88 countries by the end of the year and this DOESN'T require the respective carriers to have supporting provisioning tools in place in order to allow the phone to work on their network. (Something that RIM just can't do.) Also, it would suck pretty big for RIM in the consumer market if the iPhone 4 made its way to Verizon. Like it or not, serious user or not, but people like the geeky small things like video chat and people of the newer generations are a lot more visual then the older generations, meaning that a lot of consumer users out there will take a phone that appeals to their visual principals more then one that just shoot text at them the fastest way possible.

Just something to think about...
    06-07-10 02:56 PM
    Apple was killing RIM already then Android showed up to pass Apple now they're both about to skip right on over RIM easy.
    06-07-10 02:58 PM
    I think the screen on the iPhone will look pretty amazing. They stepped it up media wise. I would actually like to try it out sometime. However I don't think RIM will going anywhere.
    As for the Bold Slider, recent shots have made it look nicer but if the Slider is being marketed as a Consumer/Media device then it doesn't have the same chance at wooing new customers like the iPhone 4 does.
    I believe RIM has a good chance to do something impressive with the Storm 3 however. They have more time (presuming that it will be released in late fall). RIM can knock it out of the park with this one but we will have to see. Last year in May we saw the first leaked shots of the Storm2. This time around we are seeing barely anything so hopefully they are keeping things under wraps in order to deliver a knock out device for us later.
    Time will tell, but there is no telling that the iPhone 4 really is a great phone and a step up, not like the glorified iPhone 3GS which was just a glammed up iPhone 3G.
    06-07-10 02:58 PM
    The new iPhone isn't going to kill anyone. It introduces things that have been done for years and the Apple fans go "WOW!" They still haven't done what most consumers want them to do with it, which is add a user replaceable battery, unshackle it from iTunes, and make it available on other carriers (specifically Verizon).

Their clever marketing has been working well for three years, but I suspect that will only go so far once people realize that the iPhone really isn't "all that."

There are reasons that our 3G still probably still won't be upgraded to another iPhone. AT&T, battery, iTunes, poor call quality, and did I mention AT&T?
    Last edited by ChuckH0308; 06-07-10 at 03:01 PM. Reason: oops!
    06-07-10 03:01 PM
    It's interesting how the iphone "fanboys" (I really hate that word but it's the only way to describe th em), are announcing RIMs demise.

To quote a quotable quote: "the reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated".
    I dont think its fanboy, its more frustrate at a company that does not innovate and release minor updates and expects everyone to be happy with it. the 9800, pearl, 9700/II those are not phone to WOW about... it's like come on now RIM give us something great already. you want to stay with RIM and hope things will change but it won't. Diehard BB owner just accept it and deny they'll ever need any new features other than what RIM gives or you defect to another brand.

Look at all the unhappy BB users, come on RIM take note.
    06-07-10 03:01 PM
    Apple was killing RIM already then Android showed up to pass Apple now they're both about to skip right on over RIM easy.
    Correction. Android hasn't passed anyone. They are still behind Windows Mobile as far as market share is concerned. They still have a long way to go. Apple is right on RIM's heels on overtaking them for US market share. And they are 1 and 2. But Android still has a way to go. Having BOGO doesn't hurt though LOL.
    06-07-10 03:02 PM
    Please tell me that was your dry attempt at humor. The 9800 as "light years ahead of the iPhone 4" I don't think so... I am however looking forward to being able to video call on a BB in the year 2020. also, the 9300 is a rehashed 8500. 320x240 resolution display. Ya, that's amazingly light years ahead. lol The jury is out on the Storm 3, but I'm not holding my breath on that one. Looks like RIM's not anywhere close to solving the memory shortage issues with the platform and they have no interest in doing anything about it in the near future.

The new iPhone will ship in 88 countries by the end of the year and this DOESN'T require the respective carriers to have supporting provisioning tools in place in order to allow the phone to work on their network. (Something that RIM just can't do.) Also, it would suck pretty big for RIM in the consumer market if the iPhone 4 made its way to Verizon. Like it or not, serious user or not, but people like the geeky small things like video chat and people of the newer generations are a lot more visual then the older generations, meaning that a lot of consumer users out there will take a phone that appeals to their visual principals more then one that just shoot text at them the fastest way possible.

Just something to think about...
    i agree with you 100%... its amusing how some diehard bb users can't admit that RIM is losing. RIM is not allowing there phone to be given away for FREE, Apple has 28% of the market to there 35% by years end i'm betting that number will be 30% or more... OS5 just came out and now they're pushing OS6
    06-07-10 03:11 PM
    Lol? My phone has zero issues handling emails, the same can't be said for your berry unless you want to start losing contacts and calendar entries lol
    WTH?
    06-07-10 03:12 PM
    With the new i phone coming out and nothing on the horizon for rim. I feel this is the beginning of the end for blackberry. They have been relying on there puch button email system too long and havent updated their product and are falling behind android and iphone. Its really sad because they were the kings of smart phones and now they are yestedays news. I have an 8310 curve and have been waiting for the new blackberry to come out. The 9700 bold just doesnt cut it compared to the i phone. Cant wait to get the new i phone.
    You signed up here to post this???

Did we not go thru all of this when the first iPhone was introduced, yet here we are!!!!
    06-07-10 03:17 PM
    WTH?
    I think he's referring to the older phones where if you ran out of memory it started deleting old emails off.

hehe
    06-07-10 03:18 PM
    Lol? My phone has zero issues handling emails, the same can't be said for your berry unless you want to start losing contacts and calendar entries lol

Huh? Since the primary purpose of the phone is 1) phone calls and 2) emails. I will have a phone call and email shoot out with you. And, to make it interesting you have to have your navigation software and media player running in the background on battery. Let's do this tomorrow, ok?
    06-07-10 03:20 PM
    WTH?
    i think some of the issues the poster is referring to are, truncated emails, file send limits, the random downtime of BB email services... BB wins on security, BBM, and keyboard text. there is not much else to the BB other than those 3 things.
    06-07-10 03:23 PM
    I don't get the video calling thing. Do people really want to do this? I never understood why that was a big deal.
    06-07-10 03:27 PM
    Huh? Since the primary purpose of the phone is 1) phone calls and 2) emails. I will have a phone call and email shoot out with you. And, to make it interesting you have to have your navigation software and media player running in the background on battery. Let's do this tomorrow, ok?
    Is iOS out today so I can have gps running in the background? I'll be more than happy to take you up on this challenge, seeing as how my days using my 3GS are going away since I'm switch to the EVO this Friday.

06-07-10 03:27 PM
    The new iPhone isn't going to kill anyone. It introduces things that have been done for years and the Apple fans go "WOW!" They still haven't done what most consumers want them to do with it, which is add a user replaceable battery, unshackle it from iTunes, and make it available on other carriers (specifically Verizon).

Their clever marketing has been working well for three years, but I suspect that will only go so far once people realize that the iPhone really isn't "all that."

There are reasons that our 3G still probably still won't be upgraded to another iPhone. AT&T, battery, iTunes, poor call quality, and did I mention AT&T?
    I agree, main added features of this new iphone, which looks great, are the possibility to create folders to sort apps, multitasking, unified inbox, all these things RIM has been doing this for ages. Iphone is a blackbox mediaphone that can reasonably do business (for half a day) while BBs are smartphones that can do a little media...choose your device according to your preference...
    06-07-10 03:28 PM
    Correction. Android hasn't passed anyone. They are still behind Windows Mobile as far as market share is concerned. They still have a long way to go. Apple is right on RIM's heels on overtaking them for US market share. And they are 1 and 2. But Android still has a way to go. Having BOGO doesn't hurt though LOL.
    Android surpassed both R.I.M. and Apple in o.s. functionality a long time ago. The sales are already starting to catch up and it will only be a matter of time until their number one.
    06-07-10 03:28 PM
    I don't get the video calling thing. Do people really want to do this? I never understood why that was a big deal.
    It's never been a big deal because in europe video calling has been absurdly expensive. Right now it's wifi only (if it hits 3G AT&T new data cap will cut this out lol)

06-07-10 03:30 PM
    ...this is the beginning of the end for blackberry.
    OMG, people, It's begun!!!

I was using my BlackBerry a minute ago, when it suddenly emitted a eerie moan and dissolved into nothingness!!!
    06-07-10 03:32 PM
    I read yesterday that blackberry does not have brand loyalty anymore. I think once O6 is out along as it is way better than all others combined, they will come back imo
    06-07-10 03:33 PM
184 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD