With the new i phone coming out and nothing on the horizon for rim. I feel this is the beginning of the end for blackberry. They have been relying on there puch button email system too long and havent updated their product and are falling behind android and iphone. Its really sad because they were the kings of smart phones and now they are yestedays news. I have an 8310 curve and have been waiting for the new blackberry to come out. The 9700 bold just doesnt cut it compared to the i phone. Cant wait to get the new i phone.
    06-07-10 01:45 PM
    Even though I have no idea what a puch button email is, you can't compare apples rehashed o.s. to anything android is doing. B.B. o.s. 6 is way more innovative than ios2.5 as well.
    06-07-10 01:52 PM
    With the new i phone coming out and nothing on the horizon for rim. I feel this is the beginning of the end for blackberry. They have been relying on there puch button email system too long and havent updated their product and are falling behind android and iphone. Its really sad because they were the kings of smart phones and now they are yestedays news. I have an 8310 curve and have been waiting for the new blackberry to come out. The 9700 bold just doesnt cut it compared to the i phone. Cant wait to get the new i phone.
    Best of luck with your new iphone.

You obviously don't know much about RIMs customer base.
    06-07-10 01:56 PM
    If you feel this is the end for blackberry, then I feel you don't know anything about business and/or RIM in general.
    06-07-10 01:58 PM
    iOS 2.5??

Apple just dropped a bomb. Now is RIM going away? No. But they damn well better listen. If the battery can perform like they are touting, there goes the one main complaint about the iPhone. If multitasking works they way they're saying, not hurting battery life, there goes number two.

What else really is there?

RIM will always have the strict business sector, they're security is unmatched. But for the rest of the smartphone world, Apple just set the bar.
    06-07-10 01:59 PM
    Apple didn't kill RIM, but they just murdered their touchscreen offerings lol.

The Slider and unnanounced Storm 3 I gurantee are dead in the water right now...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-10 02:03 PM

The Slider and unnanounced Storm 3 I gurantee are dead in the water right now...

I agree. I don't like RIM's touchscreen phones but their physical QWERTY ones are pretty good.
    06-07-10 02:04 PM

Ahuh. When the iphone has a clickable screen or a good slide-out keyboard, let me know.

06-07-10 02:08 PM
    I agree. I don't like RIM's touchscreen phones but their physical QWERTY ones are pretty good.
    I agree they unquestionably make the best qwerty devices (well the Bold 9000 holds that crown IMO)

06-07-10 02:09 PM
    RIM will have to give away free phone soon to save themselves. A storm 3 wont be any better than the storm 2... RIM should just discontinue that line and go back to focusing on the Business market only. Leave the consumer market alone because RIM has zero clue what they're doing. Only people liking the new BB phones are diehard BB fans. I dont foresee anyone putting down there android or iphone for the new upcoming 9800.
    06-07-10 02:10 PM
    I want "push button" email on my 9700!!!!! Ive been looking for the button now for 6 months..............................
    06-07-10 02:11 PM
    Ahuh. When the iphone has a clickable screen or a good slide-out keyboard, let me know.

When eany of their devices surpass even the lowly iPhone 2G let me know...

06-07-10 02:12 PM

LOL @ clickable screen.
    06-07-10 02:18 PM
    Did you see what happened while steve jobs was presenting the new iphone he lost the wifi connection and ask people to get of the wifi so he could reconnect true story honest google it you should be able to find it the room. Was probably full of phones to much of bandwidth hogs
    06-07-10 02:18 PM
    It's interesting how the iphone "fanboys" (I really hate that word but it's the only way to describe th em), are announcing RIMs demise.

To quote a quotable quote: "the reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated".
    06-07-10 02:21 PM
    Did you see what happened while steve jobs was presenting the new iphone he lost the wifi connection and ask people to get of the wifi so he could reconnect true story honest google it you should be able to find it the room. Was probably full of phones to much of bandwidth hogs
    Or a sold out house of tons of people uploading pics/videos and liveblogging via laptops.

06-07-10 02:24 PM
    Yea it's hard to find... remove the battery and it should be next to your SIM... only problem it doesn't really work because the phone has no power

I want "push button" email on my 9700!!!!! Ive been looking for the button now for 6 months..............................

On a serious note. I love the way that everyone talks about RIM dying. Why would RIM die?? because The new iphone could edit videos?? Or because it does video calling?? show me 1 person that wants/needs that and I'll show you 10 that don't.
    The Iphone 4G is going to be amazing I think.... and that 40% more battery is true there goes one of the biggest downfalls of the Iphone. But RIM and Apple are not competing for the same type of users.... This release today I think proved that Apple is very focused for the "media" users...... sorta like Android is.
    Unless you guys think that every smart phone user in the world wants a touch screen that could edit videos and play games I can't see how you would think RIM is dead.
    06-07-10 02:24 PM
    You are clearly here to stir up trouble. A one post wonder. If this thread goes bad, I'll close it.

What do you mean "nothing on the horizon from rim"?

There is a new BlackBerry, the 9800 which is around about a light year ahead of anything that Apple will ever be capable of making. RIM have just released the 930 and the Storm 3 is coming soon.

BlackBerrys have had multitasking OSs for many years. Apple is only just about to release their first effort.

BlackBerrys have proper keyboards

BlackBerrys have a highly secure email that Apple cannot match

The BlackBerry is a profrssional phone whilst the iPhone is little more than a very good selling fashion accessory and an iPod that makes phone calls.
    06-07-10 02:26 PM
    Oh joy, yet ANOTHER "RIM is doomed" thread...we really need a few more of these, there's been a dearth of them in the past...what, six hours?

I noticed that this is the OPs FIRST post...interesting that he waited for this to make any post at all on Crackberry. Just another fanboi looking to stir things up.

RIM is NOT "doomed" by any of this. They have a lot of stuff in the pipeline, including hardware, webkit, OS and other things. Go enjoy your Jesus phone. It is a good phone, I have no problem giving props where props are due. But it's not perfect, nor is it the "be all/end all" of smart phones. Personally, I like the fact that iPhone offers what they do, competition is always good for the consumer. I am not a personal fan of iPhone and I would never, ever, EVER, sign up to AT&T for anything, unless they were the ONLY wireless carrier in the world, lol. The iPhone is nice, but not my cup of tea and RIM will do just fine. Just as they are not for everyone, neither is any device.
    06-07-10 02:29 PM
    LOL @ clickable screen.
    Dude, how much money do you spend on new phones/gadgets? You have a 3GS, N1, Bold, iPad and you're getting the new iPhone? Since you have so much money to spend on gadgets, mind sending me your N1 or 3GS?
    06-07-10 02:30 PM
    In this entire post, you only used one period and that one period is placed in the wrong spot, making your post more of a cluster.

And yes, the iPhone did have trouble connecting to the WiFi network since so many journalists were on it updating their live blogs:

Steve Jobs live from WWDC 2010 -- Engadget

10:42AM "Okay, we're going to switch over to some backups here, I have a feeling we might have the same problem..." Deadly silent here. Oooh, error ballon about the dock connector! "Well geez..." Wow.

10:40AM "Look at the icon, look at the text, look at the icon of the clock... isn't that amazing?"

10:40AM "Look at that difference..." There is something notable here -- but the RD is definitely darker...
    No big deal really, no fault of the phone, just the lack of bandwidth.
    06-07-10 02:31 PM
    When eany of their devices surpass even the lowly iPhone 2G let me know...

Um, Hypothetically I'll send 100 emails to your iphone and you send 100 emails to my BBery. Let's see who has an easier time handling them.

Let me know how you fare.
    06-07-10 02:34 PM
    Lack of bandwith? Bandwith is a finite resource?!?! Nah!!!

I loved how the acolytes clapped and hooted in rapture every time the deity drew breath....

It's a nice device, no doubt about it. Some very, very nice upgrades. Some folks will be very, very happy with it, it will be their dream device. Not mine.

Enjoy it in good health, guys!
    06-07-10 02:38 PM
    Dude, how much money do you spend on new phones/gadgets? You have a 3GS, N1, Bold, iPad and you're getting the new iPhone? Since you have so much money to spend on gadgets, mind sending me your N1 or 3GS?
    LOL. Well let's see. I got the 3GS on upgrade to replace the 3G. So it was a wash as far as money is concerned. Actually I made some money on that. Sold the 3G unlocked for 350 and bought the 3GS for 200. Had the bold when it first came out and that replaced the 8310 and made a little money towards that about 100 bucks. My wife really wanted the iPad so we got one. And I was splurging on the N1 LOL. But I don't usually spend a lot of money out of pocket for devices. I always have something to sell to make up some of the cost . For instance, my 3GS will go on sale as soon as the unlock is dropped and I can upgrade for 200 bucks. So I'm good. Anyway, mind your business LOL.
    06-07-10 02:38 PM
    Um, Hypothetically I'll send 100 emails to your iphone and you send 100 emails to my BBery. Let's see who has an easier time handling them.

Let me know how you fare.
    Lol? My phone has zero issues handling emails, the same can't be said for your berry unless you want to start losing contacts and calendar entries lol

06-07-10 02:40 PM
184 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD