I just received a bbm that states consumer bbm will end as of may 2019 . WTH?
    04-18-19 08:02 AM
    I read this at the moment and I’m very very angry about it -.-
    04-18-19 08:05 AM
    yeah...WTF?

Also, you'd think Crackberry would have already been all over this. Instead, crickets.

Another BlackBerry feature gone. Not much left of the "Blackberry experience."
    illsince1977 likes this.
    04-18-19 08:07 AM
    But they also announced BlackBerry is making BBM enterprise available via subscription. This may actually be a blessing in disguise. Could we now see a business case to develop it as a paid SMS client as well, fully integrated with Hub+ Inbox? A real encrypted end to end messaging service? Now that would actually be something worth paying for...

The consumer offering is basically garbage anyway.
    04-18-19 08:11 AM
    that sucks
    04-18-19 08:11 AM
    I agree „wtf“ oh man I’m so angry right now. BBM is the only Messenger That i use -.-
    04-18-19 08:12 AM
    Yes, I'm angry too... ((( BlackBerry, what are you doing?! BBM is awesome!!!
    04-18-19 08:12 AM
    Me too... WTF?!!! John Chen, what are you doing?!
    04-18-19 08:13 AM
    Ah well. I'm sure me and my 2 contacts will be fine using SMS.
    04-18-19 08:14 AM
    But they also announced BlackBerry is making BBM enterprise available via subscription. This may actually be a blessing in disguise. Could we now see a business case to develop it as a paid SMS client as well, fully integrated with Hub+ Inbox? A real encrypted end to end messaging service? Now that would actually be something worth paying for...

Have you tried to buy a subscription?

How much of enterprise is even using HUB+?

Story is on the front page of CrackBerry...
    04-18-19 08:21 AM
    Have you tried to buy a subscription?

How much of enterprise is even using HUB+?

Story is on the front page of CrackBerry...
    Glass is always half empty for you Dunt. This is a good move for BlackBerry and for BBM. Emtek brought nothing of value to the service.
    anon(10387168) and Jake2826 like this.
    04-18-19 08:23 AM
    WTF!!!! This is very sad to let BBM go down the drain! Why isn't BlackBerry trying to take it back? It's an App that can be very useful just to be in or around the game!

I'm soooo pissed at this! Arghhhh!
    04-18-19 08:24 AM
    Glass is always half empty for you Dunt. This is a good move for BlackBerry and for BBM. Emtek brought nothing of value to the service.
    The good move for those that want it, is you should soon be able to access BBMe via Google Play for FREE....for a year. And after that is looks like the paid version will be easy to subscribe too.

But BBMe is a striped down version of BBM - that could be good or bad depending on your usage. More group communications than social media.

Sorry but with BlackBerry the glass has a crack in it and it's leaking... year after year what was BlackBerry is fading away.
    cribble2k likes this.
    04-18-19 08:35 AM
    WTF!!!! This is very sad to let BBM go down the drain! Why isn't BlackBerry trying to take it back? It's an App that can be very useful just to be in or around the game!

I'm soooo pissed at this! Arghhhh!
    It still exists. Free for the next year and then 6-month subscriptions of $2.50. So $5 a year if you need it that badly. Sadly I'm just gonna use SMS. It's free and it works.
    Brai7 likes this.
    04-18-19 08:43 AM
    Excellent news. Emtex sucked
    BBMe for all
    04-18-19 08:44 AM
    Ah well. I'm sure me and my 2 contacts will be fine using SMS.
    Myself and my family live in Canada where unlimited free SMS has been part of basic data plans forever.
    When we got into phones we had a mix of flip phones and smartphones - Apple, BB, Android. SMS was the common messaging platform - this was before BBM was available cross-platform - so we've never even tried BBM, SMS gave us everything we need.
    04-18-19 08:46 AM
    Myself and my family live in Canada where unlimited free SMS has been part of basic data plans forever.
    When we got into phones we had a mix of flip phones and smartphones - Apple, BB, Android. SMS was the common messaging platform - this was before BBM was available cross-platform - so we've never even tried BBM, SMS gave us everything we need.
    I love BBM. I like seeing the delivered and received icons. I like knowing my message went through. It's nice having a way to send messages even if all I have is a WiFi connection. Ah well. I'm not down to pay for messaging. Hopefully this all works out better for them but I'm not hopeful. This along with no new phone for all of 2019 is a little scary. My KEYone is showing its age. It's almost time to upgrade and I'm looking elsewhere. 10 years of loyalty down the drain.
    04-18-19 08:49 AM
    The good move for those that want it, is you should soon be able to access BBMe via Google Play for FREE....for a year. And after that is looks like the paid version will be easy to subscribe too.

But BBMe is a striped down version of BBM - that could be good or bad depending on your usage. More group communications than social media.

Sorry but with BlackBerry the glass has a crack in it and it's leaking... year after year what was BlackBerry is fading away.
    Somehow, you manage to find something negative about everything BlackBerry is doing. Cracked glass leaking? Gimme a break.

For one, BlackBerry is correcting their grievous error and taking the service back in house. That's excellent news. I never asked for Emtek to pick it up and steal me as a customer. I'm glad it will be full back under BlackBerry's control, where it belongs, as well as my data. That's the way it should have been. Shame on BlackBerry for ever selling out their customers!

I hope BlackBerry loyalists stick with BBM and support it. Paying puts more say in our hands to determine the future direction of the service. I would really like to see SMS added under the secure umbrella of BBMe and integrated with Inbox...maybe even added to the Hub+ suite even if it means increasing the overall cost of a subscription.

Go BlackBerry!
    Brai7, elfabio80, BBeast and 2 others like this.
    04-18-19 08:54 AM
    . Sadly I'm just gonna use SMS. It's free and it works.
    Yeah, that kinda what killed BBM to begin with. Year ago we all paid for text plans with limits, some markets still do. But when texting became free, the need for a messaging app that declined. Other factors like being limited to only poor selling BlackBerry's when most everyone wasn't buying them didn't help.

By the time they wen't cross-platform with a buggy product... it was kinda too late.

Business users and Groups still use messengers for their better features than TEXT.... but products like SLACK are way beyond what BBM can accomplish.
    04-18-19 08:54 AM

Where have you seen this? I'm interested. Link please?
    04-18-19 08:56 AM
    Yeah, that kinda what killed BBM to begin with. Year ago we all paid for text plans with limits, some markets still do. But when texting became free, the need for a messaging app that declined. Other factors like being limited to only poor selling BlackBerry's when most everyone wasn't buying them didn't help.

By the time they wen't cross-platform with a buggy product... it was kinda too late.

Business users and Groups still use messengers for their better features than TEXT.... but products like SLACK are way beyond what BBM can accomplish.
    Yup. The whole waiting thing is what knocked BlackBerry off the top altogether.

iPhones came out and BlackBerry still refused to make a slab. They thought slabs would die and keyboards would live on. That killed the phones. Taking years and years to bring BBM cross-platform and then botching that with a buggy launch product put the nail in their coffin.

I'm still a fan. Maybe that's because I'm Canadian. I'm just sick of explaining my decision to keep using their phones when I can get higher-spec phones with equal security for a similar price. I'm torn as to what to do next.
    04-18-19 08:58 AM
    This is good that BBMe will be a continuation of this product.

I feared DOOM when I saw this below:

The end of BBM?-bbm.jpg
    Mansuet and cribble2k like this.
    04-18-19 09:00 AM
    Seriously! EMTEK kept it alive for free use. It really angry & sad about this loss. It's the best messenger with the best messaging features.
    04-18-19 09:02 AM
    Where have you seen this? I'm interested. Link please?
    It's mentioned in the CB news article. Going to be available for download on both Android and iOS, from BlackBerry.
    04-18-19 09:05 AM
    Yup. The whole waiting thing is what knocked BlackBerry off the top altogether.

iPhones came out and BlackBerry still refused to make a slab. They thought slabs would die and keyboards would live on. That killed the phones. Taking years and years to bring BBM cross-platform and then botching that with a buggy launch product put the nail in their coffin.

I'm still a fan. Maybe that's because I'm Canadian. I'm just sick of explaining my decision to keep using their phones when I can get higher-spec phones with equal security for a similar price. I'm torn as to what to do next.
    They made a slab, it was called the Storm and Torch 9850/9860 followed up. You didn’t buy either? Neither did anyone else. It wasn’t the VKB that killed the PKB so much as the consumer usage purpose and ecosystem to support that consumer.
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    04-18-19 09:08 AM
159 123 ...