Does anyone know of any good encryption software for 8330 curve? Was looking into xshield but site seems to be down.
    04-12-10 03:29 PM
    What kind of encryption are you wanting to do exactly?
    04-12-10 05:17 PM
    The blackberry already has encryption setting for the phone itself and media card as well. It just depends on what you're trying to encrypt.
    04-12-10 07:43 PM
    I understand blackberry pin has its own encryption. Call me skeptical but I would like to have a little more protection.
    04-13-10 03:48 PM
    I mean, what do you want to encrypt? The phone's voice transactions? A folder on your SD card?
    04-13-10 03:53 PM
    Use a password, problem solved. Someone gets it wrong too many times and it's wiped which negates the need for more encryption.

And overall, encrypting an encrypted file isn't more secure, it's a lateral move. Someone who has access to the device long enough to crack one layer is going to be able to peel away the other layers.
    04-13-10 03:59 PM
    Have any of you used Xshield?
    04-14-10 10:09 AM
    I've not heard of Xshield and a quick google didn't seem to pop anything, not that i dug a lot.

I use a product from gomycell called securecell that encrypts text messages and has an additional password layer to access the messages in my inbox, which themselves stay encrypted on the phone. plus its the only solution i've found that works on more than one phone type - like java phones and they say android this month.
    04-14-10 05:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD