I recorded some videos with my Storm 2 and unfortunately had media card encryption enabled at the time. This gave the video file a .3GP.REM extension. I can view the video on my phone, but I cannot view it on my computer. This is a problem because I recorded a problem my car is having with its cruise control and need to show the video to my mechanic (other than on my phone). A search on these forums suggested emailing the video from the phone to myself, to remove the .REM extension. This won't work because the file size it too large and it returns an error when I try to attach it. I tried to edit the file name after removing encryption by deleting the .REM part of the file extension, but it still cannot be played on my computer. Is there any way to fix this? I don't know if I can get the car to malfunction and capture it on video again because it's pretty rare that it does it...
    12-12-10 05:37 PM
    Turn off encryption and then copy it to another folder on your BB. Then you should be able to view it on your computer.
    Sandman333 likes this.
    12-12-10 05:43 PM
  3. T
    I'm watching to see what you generate for answers. I can't even watch the videos on the phone itself if they were recorded with encryption on. If I try, it says that the media file is of an unsupported format.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Tnis; 12-12-10 at 05:46 PM.
    12-12-10 05:44 PM
    You just beat me to it flash. Same thing you can do with pics.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-10 05:48 PM
    Turn off encryption and then copy it to another folder on your BB. Then you should be able to view it on your computer.
    Copy it to another folder how? I don't see any way to do that under the BB key menu in media.
    12-12-10 05:49 PM
    Eureka! I figured out how to move it and that did the trick! Instead of highlighting the file in Meida/Videos, just go into Media and hit the BB key and select Explore. I navigated to the Videos folder and then created a new folder inside there. Then I highlighted the problem video (after encryption was turned off), hit the BB key and selected move. This opened a context menu and I selected the new folder I had just created. Then selected Move Into. The encryption was gone after the move and I can play the file on my computer now. Thanks so much pbflash!
    Last edited by Sandman333; 12-12-10 at 06:08 PM.
    12-12-10 05:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD