I have an 8320 and I have had my memory card for awhile and I have .44 beta on my berry. Last week I did something (don't ask what cause I don't know what) and now after I disconnect my berry or battery pull I get a "A Media Card has been inserted that contains encrypted content which will be unaccessible by this device." I can open my videos, pics and music with no issue and that's all I have on there. Any idea what I did and how to stop getting this annoying message from popping up?

No not the beta unless it was a delayed thing cause it was fine for over a month.
    07-05-08 10:39 PM
    Personally I'd turn off encryption. If for any reason you have to replace your BB, the memory card will not be readable in the new one.

As for your message, it could just be some wackyness with the BB, otherwise you really wouldn't be able to open anything on it.
    07-05-08 10:58 PM
    I had a similar issue but luckily for me when I turned on encryption I selected the encryption mode Security Passowrd and Device. Now although after wiping my device, and forgetting to disable encryption, I was unable to read the card directly from the blackberry when I plugged it into the computer and entered the password I was able to access the card and remove my data.

Hope this helps someone.
    02-05-09 08:41 AM
    i have encrypted my media card too,n sprint gave me a new phone,so does that mean i cant get my pics and stuff back off the card at all now??
    04-06-10 05:08 PM
    i have encrypted my media card too,n sprint gave me a new phone,so does that mean i cant get my pics and stuff back off the card at all now??
    You might have a problem if the card is still encrypted. From what I've read, the encryption seems to be PHONE-SPECIFIC and so a card from one phone will not UNencrypt in another phone. Good luck. Others might have different or better info.
    04-06-10 08:26 PM
    I had a similar issue but luckily for me when I turned on encryption I selected the encryption mode Security Passowrd and Device. Now although after wiping my device, and forgetting to disable encryption, I was unable to read the card directly from the blackberry when I plugged it into the computer and entered the password I was able to access the card and remove my data.

Hope this helps someone.
    I downloaded all the photos to my computer, but they have the .rem file extension and my PC won't read the files cause they are encrypted HELP!!!!!!!!
    11-03-11 03:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD