Just throwing this out there I am not on a contract and using a sim card from tele2 comvic (sweden). I can use everything except mms and browser( only wifi). Is there any way for me to somehow enable MMS and wap with my browser?
    just curious
    /sol

ps model is 8520.
    07-20-10 02:34 PM
    No, a Blackberry specific data plan is required for those features.
    07-20-10 03:28 PM
    gah thought that would be the case
    07-20-10 04:10 PM
    Just throwing this out there I am not on a contract and using a sim card from tele2 comvic (sweden). I can use everything except mms and browser( only wifi). Is there any way for me to somehow enable MMS and wap with my browser?
    just curious
    /sol

ps model is 8520.
    you can browse the web via wi-fi only, you have to change your browser settings to "hotspot" only... and you should be able to download Opera Mini, and Bolt which do not use BIS/BES servers to browse the web.
    07-20-10 04:16 PM
    hmm..ok. Il check those apps out then
    07-20-10 04:19 PM
    you can browse the web via wi-fi only, you have to change your browser settings to "hotspot" only... and you should be able to download Opera Mini, and Bolt which do not use BIS/BES servers to browse the web.
    I just downloaded bolt. Tried that without changing any settings and it didnt work. I went into the browser settings and i could only choose hotspot. So not sure if im doing something wrong etc. But it seems not to be working anyhow
    Last edited by solamnus; 07-20-10 at 04:47 PM.
    07-20-10 04:32 PM
    MMS is not BlackBerry specific but requires MMS be part of your phone plan to operate it.
    07-20-10 04:43 PM
    MMS is not BlackBerry specific but requires MMS be part of your phone plan to operate it.
    ahh ok. Well with my tele2comviq card i always could MMS. Althought its not a contract just a sim card to fill up with cash. I should be able to sms/mms like 3000 to other tele2 customers though. At the moment im not even able to choose to compose MMs on the bb
    07-20-10 04:49 PM
    I downloaded Opera. And it seems that is working without the wifi Great!! It goes slowly with the GPRS conction, but at least its possible hehe. Now MMS is all i miss!
    07-20-10 05:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD