So many are assuming that the phone must have been stolen. The box itself would (normally) show signs of being opened and taped closed. No one can put tape on in the exact same spot as it was before.

Not once did the OP indicate that the box looked like it'd been tampered with & add to the fact that the PIN associated w/The phone she was supposed to receive is not even in use.

I'm more inclined to believe that the phone was never in the box.
    I personally think an imp stole it. But, that is just me.
    08-18-08 07:21 PM
    I personally think an imp stole it. But, that is just me.
    Then give her the phone back imp!
    08-18-08 07:27 PM
    Then give her the phone back imp!
    Ha ha ha. Foiled again. Okay Lex. I will give it back.
    08-18-08 07:32 PM
    Well, it wasn't tape. It was more like a label. It came off without a problem for me, and left no traces on the package. So for all I know it could have been stolen, but I doubt it since the pin was not in use, and has now been reported as stolen just in case.
    08-18-08 07:36 PM
    That sucks man. I've had a ton of stuff get 'lost' in the mail. Nothing sucks more than an empty parcel.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-08 08:34 PM
    That's crazy, glad to hear Tmo stepped up. Try calling UPS and see if they'll buy a new phone and sell it. That's screwed up

08-18-08 09:07 PM
    Well, it wasn't tape. It was more like a label. It came off without a problem for me, and left no traces on the package. So for all I know it could have been stolen, but I doubt it since the pin was not in use, and has now been reported as stolen just in case.
    Personally, I think any company distributing high end items should use tamper evident tape on all their packaging.
    08-18-08 09:10 PM
    Isn't that a bb owner's worst nightmare....it would be mine.
    08-18-08 09:12 PM
    Personally, I think any company distributing high end items should use tamper evident tape on all their packaging.
    Exactly. Why not use packing tap? That stuff is tamper proof. Take it off, and it takes off parts of the package as well. This was like a cheap label.
    08-18-08 09:14 PM
    So sad you got burned but happy that Tmobile is helping you out! I'd beat the crap out of someone who stole my BB.
    08-18-08 09:18 PM
    So I ended up getting the replacement TODAY! It arrived at the same exact time it did yesterday, only this time it was covered in plastic wrap, and their was actually a phone inside. I am off to install my BSE, and clear my old one out of all my data.
    08-19-08 11:07 AM
    That is ridiculous... glad you got it all figured out and the TMo CSRs did not give you a run-around
    08-19-08 11:09 AM
    woooo hoooooo, happy dance, happy dance
    08-19-08 11:10 AM
    I'm glad you finally got it! Woohoo!
    08-19-08 11:39 AM
    it could be that some carries send you a box to send in your phone, if you where sending it in for a replacement threw insurance. this is what it kinda sounds like since their was a return label. not sure if it was a upgrade or just another phone. but anyhow that stinks!
    08-19-08 11:43 AM
    Hey I have a BB with no box wanna trade? Kidding sorry to hear about your misfortune
    08-19-08 11:46 AM
    I could imagine the look on your face when you opened the empty box
    08-19-08 01:09 PM
    They must've given you the new "invisible" berry! Glad to hear they're sending you new one out though.
    I knew there was a color out there I didn't know about. Man, I'm pissed!!
    08-19-08 03:37 PM
    Something similar to that happened to me. DHL was returning my iPod from being repaired at Apple and they delivered to the wrong address. When they went to retrieve it they were unable to. I called Apple and after a couple hours they sent me a brand new one.
    08-19-08 03:55 PM
    Check that box carefully and make sure they didn't send U the newly released "StealthBerry" ;-)
    08-20-08 03:24 AM
    some UPS guy probably stole it, my ex used to do that when he worked in Fed Ex. I hope you get your berry soon! And you get to add insurance which is awesome, I dont have insurance on mine with ATT, so thats a plus for you! plus no shipping
    I have insurance on mine and I have AT&T. I know that in the past they didn't offer insurance on BBs, but when I upgraded to a BB in June, the sales rep. told me I was lucky because they had just started offering insurance on them for $4.99/mo.
    08-30-08 09:49 PM
    I know, it was the laser equiped model, the one with self destruct

Seriously, I have a feeling it was missing before the shipping company even got it. Btw, with UPS, I had something I sent stolen. They wouldn't let me file the claim. The person I shipped the package to had to file it. Then they treated them like thieves. Haven't used UPS since.

08-30-08 10:28 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD