This is what I fear, that companies will copy and retrofit their own UIs over Android and make BB10 look like nothing special.

Full Gallery
    Excuse the verge links...

[/CENTER]

Emoticon UI or Cascades? Which are you liking?
    09-01-12 11:22 AM
    I'm not seeing much of a resemblance...Android has always had widgets.

They both look pretty nice, I don't see a reason to choose the nicer looking one. I don't expect BB10 to look like anything special, it's not like they're re-inventing the smartphone.
    09-01-12 11:29 AM
    I'm not seeing much of a resemblance...Android has always had widgets.

They both look pretty nice, I don't see a reason to choose the nicer looking one. I don't expect BB10 to look like anything special, it's not like they're re-inventing the smartphone.
    Actually that is exactly what RIM is trying to do is reinvent the way you use a smartphone,

I do agree I don't see a lot of similarities in the pictures, what remains to be seen is if Android OEM's can skin BB10 like functions when in motion vs just similar screens
    09-01-12 12:00 PM
    Actually that is exactly what RIM is trying to do is reinvent the way you use a smartphone,

I do agree I don't see a lot of similarities in the pictures, what remains to be seen is if Android OEM's can skin BB10 like functions when in motion vs just similar screens
    That is an extremely tall order. Every company claims to "re-invent" the smartphone, but they all end up falling into the same bucket.

RIM will improve on some of the existing smartphone features, I have no doubt. But it will be an evolutionary step, not a revolutionary one. They're going to have their hands full just catching up. Even matching the competition's offerings will be a victory as far as BB10 is concerned.
    09-01-12 12:23 PM
    There are similarities notice the tabbed browsing and general layout. The. link to the gallery shows off more. What their UI calls 'Thumb Nails'. There are simple UI elements that I hope BlackBerry reinvents, to really show off the UI do something beyond catchup make a better paradigm not just a better user experience. I hope they design intelligenly. Let's face it, the mobile space is converging as competitors go feature for feature tit for tat creating copycat UIs. I hope BB10 is a break away from all that. Which is why it needs to remain elusive until launch
    09-01-12 01:42 PM
    i'm not going to lie, that Emma chick is pretty hot thats really all i got out of this thread :P

to me things look more cluttered in the Android UI then they do on the mock up of BB10 that we have seen or even from the Playbook UI and menus just seem really plain.besides that i don't know what else you are tryign to ask can you be mroe specific
    Barljo likes this.
    09-01-12 02:09 PM
    OS10 is Showcase stuff!! The icons, detailing, etc. all look so super fantastic.. I mean, I can't remember when was the last I was convinced with an OS just by seeing a 'clock screenshot' ..

Attachment 116404

Attachment 116405
    09-03-12 12:01 AM
    i'm not going to lie, that Emma chick is pretty hot thats really all i got out of this thread :P
    and she's a BB user. Win!
    09-03-12 02:39 AM
    Emotion UI is the Best
    Emotion UI (Huwaei) vs Cascades UI-gallery-12-apr-2013.jpg
    07-09-13 08:26 AM
    OS10 is Showcase stuff!! The icons, detailing, etc. all look so super fantastic.. I mean, I can't remember when was the last I was convinced with an OS just by seeing a 'clock screenshot' ..

Attachment 116404

Attachment 116405
    that's odd then, because the clock doesn't look like that anymore
    07-09-13 08:34 AM
    Here's my comment on the situation

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=807886

Posted via CB10
    07-09-13 12:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD