Today I noticed that I wasn't getting any emails on my Tour, so I called Verizon and they said they 'revalidated' by email on the BIS site, and I started getting emails again. I just noticed that I'm getting the emails on my Blackberry 15 minutes after they get to my Yahoo inbox. I sent a couple of test messages to me and my wife, and she gets them on her Pearl immediately.

I tried to resend service books, did a quickpull, and deleted and recreated the account on the BIS site, but nothing seems to be improving the delivery time. Is there something else I should be trying?

Thanks, this is my first post.
    08-31-09 10:23 PM
    BIS checks for emails in 20 minute intervals and if a new one arrives it'll send it to ur phone and check every 5 minutes for X amount of time, if no new ones arrive then itl go back to checking every 20. Exception is google or if you're hooked up wit BES. Read that somewhere on these forums.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Ps. If u want instant delivery forwardall ur yahoo emails to your blackberry email address. That's one fix.
    08-31-09 10:26 PM
    Thanks, wonder why my wife's is receiving them immediately though since she didn't have any other new emails in the past hour?
    08-31-09 10:31 PM
    BIS seems to be a strange beast. There's a set of rules it apparently follows yet some people don't seem to be bound be these rules and get their emails much quicker than others.

I posted a couple of weeks ago, a colleague on BIS on the same mobile network as me receives his emails from a pop account instantly and I get mine after 15 minutes from a pop account on the same mail server.

It just seems to be the way I'm afraid.

09-01-09 05:31 AM
    wow this is interesting. I noticed I get my emails immediately but there are days where it takes anywhere from2 minutes to 5 minutes before I receive them.
    09-01-09 06:17 AM
    I get mine pretty darn quick as well while using BIS.

Link in my sig for how BIS works is a good read!
    09-01-09 06:22 AM
    It's taken 6 hours for a couple of test emails I sent through last night to come through and the vzw rep I just spoke to said everything on my phone seems fine and that I should contact Yahoo, even though anything I send from my phone gets delivered immediately. Not sure why this would just start yesterday after having the phone for over a month but the only 'solution' seems to be for me to set up a gmail or hotmail account and see if that works.

09-01-09 06:25 AM

You can login or create your account here:

https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw

When you resend your books using the service books link on the left hand side after you login, you should receive an email on each of the accounts you have setup saying that activation was successful for that account.

If you didn't receive one of those emails when verizon said they revalidated your email, then they didn't do anything!

EDIT: Erk! Saw that you already tried this - leaving it for information for others though who may not know... sorry!
    Last edited by danoh; 09-01-09 at 07:26 AM.
    09-01-09 07:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD