I have a few clients in the advertising/graphic design industry and I've noticed all emails coming from them have 1-5 minutes delay from when sent. Any other emails sent from clients using Windows get to me the same minute it was sent, the time sent is identical to the time received every time except when sent from the ones using Apple computers. Anybody any idea why?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-11 05:16 AM
    I have noticed a lot of odd things when getting email from and emailing to an Apple phone My friend has a 3GS and when I send him an email I get a reply telling me he is inavailable at this time. When I send him an email he gets it maybe half the time. I did also notice the delay when being sent an email from him. He is on AT&T, dont know if its this the phone issue or carrier.
    07-21-11 06:02 AM
    I have noticed this as well, and it is also from a few AT&T iphone users (I am on CDMA vzw). Something else strange with AT&T. Sometimes I will make a call to these same AT&T iphone people and the static is so unbearable that I have to disconnect and call again, but more often than not, the 2nd or 3rd attempt is still full of static. This never happens with CDMA to CDMA. Why only CDMA to GSM?

07-21-11 10:39 AM
    I have a few clients in the advertising/graphic design industry and I've noticed all emails coming from them have 1-5 minutes delay from when sent. Any other emails sent from clients using Windows get to me the same minute it was sent, the time sent is identical to the time received every time except when sent from the ones using Apple computers. Anybody any idea why?

I have no idea, since I've never experienced this.

I have a friend who has a Mac who uses Verizon FiOS and the Apple Mail client. Many times I will be sitting at my desk with Outlook open, and my BlackBerry in the charging pod. When my friend sends emails, they will hit my BlackBerry before they hit my inbox in Outlook. He sends emails from his Verizon address to my Gmail address. My ISP is Time-Warner.
    07-21-11 11:30 AM
    I have no idea, since I've never experienced this.

I have a friend who has a Mac who uses Verizon FiOS and the Apple Mail client. Many times I will be sitting at my desk with Outlook open, and my BlackBerry in the charging pod. When my friend sends emails, they will hit my BlackBerry before they hit my inbox in Outlook. He sends emails from his Verizon address to my Gmail address. My ISP is Time-Warner.
    You can go back and have a look if you still have some older emails in your BB, out of curiosity

07-21-11 11:35 AM
    You can go back and have a look if you still have some older emails in your BB, out of curiosity

I would do that, but I never save the emails on my device once I've read or replied using Outlook (or the device). I keep a very clean inbox.

Any emails that I save get transferred to their own folders in Outlook.

I have also received emails from Mac users that were sent to my Yahoo address, and those were not delayed either.

I typically do not use my ISP's address, since it is POP3, though I do have it in BIS and Outlook. Nor do I use my Hotmail address for anything other than Microsoft TechNet forum notifications, though that address is also in BIS and Outlook.

I never use the att.blackberry.net address for anything, since I have no use for an email address that only works on a BlackBerry and cannot be accessed on a PC.
    Last edited by lak611; 07-21-11 at 11:44 AM. Reason: added additional information
    07-21-11 11:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD