Is it possible to have email without BES or BIS? I have a manual internet SeTting feeded in my device. Currently I have every thing installed and it works like gmailapp, tapatalk, weather app, appworld, and many more internet related apps. I do have bbm also but that doesn't work which I can understand.
    While in email setup the first thing the wizard asks me is that which account Setup I wanna use and the only option it gives me is BIS OR BES.
    Any help is welcom.
    03-18-12 11:45 PM
    Install the program called Logic Mail , works like a charm !
    03-19-12 01:49 PM
    Either do what akk60 said above or you can use the webmail based sites. You won't have "true push" email though. Although I've never used Logic mail so not sure how that works.
    03-19-12 02:08 PM
    Try WiFi and determine for yourself if you can have email without BIS or BES provisioning. The OP should do his own homework. Or as we used to say on USENET...RTFM.
    03-19-12 08:35 PM
    Usenet was,is certainly full of wonderful advise. I don't know if a manual would contain tips, or instructions on how to bypass a carriers BIS.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    03-19-12 09:26 PM
    Usenet was,is certainly full of wonderful advise. I don't know if a manual would contain tips, or instructions on how to bypass a carriers BIS.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Yes that's what I actually want .. Bypass the carrier BIS or in other words, gets options other than BIS/BES while in wizard.
    03-20-12 03:56 AM
    Install the program called Logic Mail , works like a charm !
    Been there done that.
    I want to use the inbuilt email program for its awesome integration with the os.
    03-20-12 03:57 AM
    Been there done that.
    I want to use the inbuilt email program for its awesome integration with the os.
    No chance in hellll, sorry. You need to pay up.
    03-20-12 04:15 AM
    No chance in hellll, sorry. You need to pay up.
    So, this seems the last thing I had to hear. Thanx anyways.
    03-20-12 04:32 AM
    Been there done that.
    There is no inbuilt email program, they're service books and they are sent by the carrier after you pay.
    03-20-12 07:30 AM
    There is no inbuilt email program, they're service books and they are sent by the carrier after you pay.
    Yeaahh.. Whatever it is. But u got ma point.
    And yeah I gotta pay to get those.
    For the time being have to live with my gmail applet. Thanx.

Edit: is there a work around to get those service books?
    Last edited by husainpatan; 03-20-12 at 07:53 AM.
    03-20-12 07:45 AM
    No, there is not.

You can also try PicoMail as an alternative.
    03-20-12 08:17 AM
    Yeah call your carrier and add the data plan.
    03-20-12 08:32 AM
    Yeaahh.. Whatever it is. But u got ma point.
    And yeah I gotta pay to get those.
    For the time being have to live with my gmail applet. Thanx.

Even if there was, that would be stealing. But there's not, your network has the switch, they can turn it on and off.
    03-20-12 09:22 AM
    Yeah call your carrier and add the data plan.
    That was funny but..
    Maybe u clinged on a running train.
    Better watch ur head u might hit a pole.
    03-20-12 10:00 AM
    Even if there was, that would be stealing. But there's not, your network has the switch, they can turn it on and off.
    no honey without money

But I hav to say they really suck up a lot of bucks.
    03-20-12 10:04 AM
    Are u getting your data thru wifi?
    03-20-12 10:33 AM
    Are u getting your data thru wifi?
    Yes wifi and also via my telco's general data plan (not BIS).
    03-20-12 12:40 PM
    Yes wifi and also via my telco's general data plan (not BIS).
    In most of the world they cost the same, general or bis, I take it it costs more in your country?
    03-20-12 12:53 PM
    In most of the world they cost the same, general or bis, I take it it costs more in your country?
    Its anything between 400 INR to 1500 INR that's $8 to $30.
    Here in India shelling out a 500($10) buck is considered lavish.
    While its not the cost thing for me, its just not worth as I get no big-word emails waiting for my approvals in my mailbox

I have a 99INR plan that gives a gb free for month
    03-20-12 01:29 PM
    The answer to your original post is a solid yes! As other posters mentioned, you can use third-party email clients or the webmail through the browser. However, I think you should ask yourself:

1. Do I need Blackberry's BIS "push" (actually pulled) email client?
    2. Do I need a secure method of receiving and sending my emails?

While it's cool to have your email automatically sent to your phone, it's a feature that most people do not typically need. It's more useful if you are constantly "on-the-go" and need to have up-to-date information on a constant, consistent basis. I, for one, am a businessman, but only need to check my emails 2-3 times a day, so I usually check it via PC or my Blackberry's Opera browser. Furthermore, with many email clients, BIS usually "pulls" your emails, instead of actually "pushing" them. This means you do not get them instantly and the amount of time it takes will depends on the protocols of your email client. (For instance, in my testings, Yahoo and Hotmail take 10-15 mins while Gmail is instant).

One other thing is regarding the security of sending/receiving emails on your phone. While BIS does encrypt your emails, it only does so if your email client (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc) supports SSL encryption. I have tested many email clients, including the popular ones above, and I have found that BIS does not encrypt them - they are sent on the internet totally naked without any protection. I should also add that if BIS does support encryption for your email client, it only does so between the BIS server and the server of your email client. Between your phone and the BIS server, the security is up to your service provider (though service providers typically add encryption and encodings for your protection).
    Last edited by RetroBerry; 03-20-12 at 08:13 PM.
    03-20-12 08:07 PM
    The answer to your original post is a solid yes! As other posters mentioned, you can use third-party email clients or the webmail through the browser. However, I think you should ask yourself:

1. Do I need Blackberry's BIS "push" (actually pulled) email client?
    2. Do I need a secure method of receiving and sending my emails?

While it's cool to have your email automatically sent to your phone, it's a feature that most people do not typically need. It's more useful if you are constantly "on-the-go" and need to have up-to-date information on a constant, consistent basis. I, for one, am a businessman, but only need to check my emails 2-3 times a day, so I usually check it via PC or my Blackberry's Opera browser. Furthermore, with many email clients, BIS usually "pulls" your emails, instead of actually "pushing" them. This means you do not get them instantly and the amount of time it takes will depends on the protocols of your email client. (For instance, in my testings, Yahoo and Hotmail take 10-15 mins while Gmail is instant).

One other thing is regarding the security of sending/receiving emails on your phone. While BIS does encrypt your emails, it only does so if your email client (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc) supports SSL encryption. I have tested many email clients, including the popular ones above, and I have found that BIS does not encrypt them - they are sent on the internet totally naked without any protection. I should also add that if BIS does support encryption for your email client, it only does so between the BIS server and the server of your email client. Between your phone and the BIS server, the security is up to your service provider (though service providers typically add encryption and encodings for your protection).
    Yes I hav already used picomail and logicmail. They are not as good since they don't get integrated with the os.

Ans#1) NO.
    Ans#2) NO.

As I posted earlier in this thread:
    "Here in India shelling out a 500($10) buck is
    considered lavish.
    While its not the cost thing for me, its just not
    worth as I get no big-word emails waiting for my
    approvals in my mailbox"
    It doesn't make sense to pay for little to no use.
    While I have gmail app installed but its not that instant.
    And yes OperaMini is always for the rescue.
    Thanx.
    03-21-12 01:46 AM
    That was funny but..
    Maybe u clinged on a running train.
    Better watch ur head u might hit a pole.
    Rather ironic coming from someone in Mumbai, India, where daily commutes by hanging off the outside of rail-cars is the norm. You are the funny one and it is appreciated because I needed a laugh right now.
    03-21-12 02:11 AM
    Rather ironic coming from someone in Mumbai, India, where daily commutes by hanging off the outside of rail-cars is the norm. You are the funny one and it is appreciated because I needed a laugh right now.
    Yeeeaah.. U got me.!
    This was the though which urged me to write the pole thing.
    But mind it. Mumbaikars=Spidermans.
    Yes its "mans".
    03-21-12 02:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD