Subject: RE: Product or Service Feedback (WFM101008189)

Hello Christopher,

It is most definitely refreshing to see that a new Blackberry device is going to become available soon, especially since it will have 4G LTE capabilities. It seems as though it has been a while since a new Blackberry came along and there are definitely many folds awaiting the arrival of the Z10. Although I have never personally owned a Blackberry, I have used them before and I definitely enjoy the many capabilities that they bring to the table including email and Blackberry messenger. As your advocate, I am committed to providing you with best possible information so that you can keep informed on its upcoming release.

To be 100% completely honest with you, we have not heard a definite launch date yet for the Blackberry Z10. Although we do work hand in hand with Blackberry and the device manufacturer RIM, the ultimate decision to release the device is up to the manufacturer. Therefore, you may be able to get more accurate launch information on RIM's website or Blackberry's. If you have not already, you can go to Buy BlackBerry Z10 - Order BlackBerry Smartphones Online - US to sign up for updates on its release on our network.

We are just as excited as you to get the phone available and although it has already been released overseas, there are probably good reasons. First, 4G LTE is not typically available outside of the US so the version that is released overseas already may be a different version. Also, since this is the first ever 4G LTE capable Blackberry, I am sure that all three carriers (AT&T, T-Mobile, and Verizon) all want to work closely with RIM (manufacturer) to make sure that all kinks and bugs are worked out. There would be nothing more disappointing than releasing a phone that is not yet fully ready and functioning causing problems. I am sure that all three carriers will make sure that when it comes time for its release, the device will be outstanding.

Christopher, I certainly hope that you find this information helpful and useful. I am delighted to hear that you are excited for the new Blackberry and we share your excitement. Although I do not have definite launch date answers or specific reasons why it has been pushed back, I am sure there are good reasons why. Also, utilize that URL that I sent you if you have not already to keep updated. Thank you for reaching out to us and enjoy your new Blackbery when it becomes available!

Sincerely,

Andrew

Verizon Wireless
    Customer Service

If you have received this e-mail in error or are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately by replying to this e-mail and deleting it and all copies and backups thereof. If you are the intended recipient and are a Verizon Wireless customer, this response is subject to the terms of your Customer Agreement.
    jordandrews90, jimpilot and Clinto like this.
    02-01-13 04:13 PM
    I'm glad you emailed them too. I thought everyone should until I received this. It's looking more and more like a RIM BB problem.

Hello,
    I'm Shawn and I definitely understand wanting the latest and greatest phone from Blackberry. Please understand that Verizon Wireless does not manufacture the phones and can only release a phone to our customers once it's been approved by the manufacturing company. To get an idea of why the phone is not available in the US until March, please contact RIM/Blackberry at 877-255-2377 or visit their contact site at BlackBerry - BlackBerry | Contact Research In Motion (RIM) - US.
    Thank you for being a part of the Verizon Wireless family since 1991. Please enjoy your weekend.
    Sincerely,
    Shawn
    Verizon Wireless
    Customer Service
    02-01-13 05:01 PM
    I smell BS....

First off, the website Andrew (BTW how many Andrews work for VZW customer service) is directing the emailer to, simply sends you right back to the carrier's website... Blame it on the manufacturer, send them to their website, which just sends you back to theirs, then in the following paragraph talk a bunch of jibberish about US networks and 4G-LTE not available overseas

I'm sorry, Andrew is either being told to blame it on the manufacturer, or he is just ignorant and talking nice for his employer. All the carriers received the devices at the same time. The US carriers are taking longer to approve.....
    world saviour likes this.
    02-01-13 05:13 PM
    I contacted Verizon and the gentleman I spoke to seemed quite intelligent on the mobile market. From what he said mimics what was said above. That they are waiting on Blackberry. Who knows what is true, but BB has already made a public announcement and I think Verizon needs to as well.
    02-01-13 05:47 PM
    They are deflecting any sort of blame back at BB. I find it interesting that in private emails, they'll blame BB, but Thorstein will go on public record to state that it's the carriers. Anyone notice that there was no public rebuttal of his statement?
    02-01-13 06:35 PM
    They are deflecting any sort of blame back at BB. I find it interesting that in private emails, they'll blame BB, but Thorstein will go on public record to state that it's the carriers. Anyone notice that there was no public rebuttal of his statement?
    Maybe the truth lies somewhere in the middle. Certainly BB would want the units in the stores asap and the carriers probably wants them as well. What's left is the manufacturing side of things. Who really knows at this point. Like I said, at least when they are available in the US, any bugs and problems will have been found and fixed....here's hoping.
    02-01-13 06:41 PM
    First, 4G LTE is not typically available outside of the US so the version that is released overseas already may be a different version.
    Well that, for a start, is horse shi... manure. The version for the UK is 4G enabled. The version for Europe is 4G enabled. I'm pretty sure Canada has 4G as the CrackBerry crew have spoken about it before. Why would anybody who knows about the industry think 4G is not available outside of the US?

Si.
    02-01-13 07:04 PM
    Well that, for a start, is horse shi... manure. The version for the UK is 4G enabled. The version for Europe is 4G enabled. I'm pretty sure Canada has 4G as the CrackBerry crew have spoken about it before. Why would anybody who knows about the industry think 4G is not available outside of the US?

Si.
    Yep.. we've got 4G/LTE in Canada.
    02-01-13 07:16 PM
    Maybe the truth lies somewhere in the middle. Certainly BB would want the units in the stores asap and the carriers probably wants them as well. What's left is the manufacturing side of things. Who really knows at this point. Like I said, at least when they are available in the US, any bugs and problems will have been found and fixed....here's hoping.
    I can appreciate that but, as I said, Thorsten went on PUBLIC RECORD stating that it was the carrier approval that was taking so long. Do you really think that the American carriers would accept that kind of responsibility, and sit idely by stating nothing publicly, if it weren't true?
    mu4e likes this.
    02-01-13 07:18 PM
    Yep.. we've got 4G/LTE in Canada.

Just curious, because I don't know and haven't researched it.. Are the Canadian LTE networks a full LTE or are they mixture or LTE, 3G, and other legacy technologies.
    02-01-13 07:21 PM
    I think all Crackberry members that use Verizon should email all together at the same time ....lets say 11:00AM tomorrow
    Clinto and frannip like this.
    02-01-13 07:22 PM

Si.
    Alexandra Zagury (MD of BlackBerry South Africa & Southern Africa said: "She said that the new devices represented a new look at mobile computing and are ready for higher speed Long Term Evolution (LTE) networks in SA."

So if we in South Africa are getting the LTE version, then I'm sure everyone else is.
    02-01-13 07:25 PM
    I can appreciate that but, as I said, Thorsten went on PUBLIC RECORD stating that it was the carrier approval that was taking so long. Do you really think that the American carriers would accept that kind of responsibility, and sit idely by stating nothing publicly, if it weren't true?
    I know nothing about the supply line and how the manufacturer fits into this. You are probably right but assuming the VZW guy wasn't yanking my chain, he implied it was on the manufacturer which would put it back on BB. Either way, February is going to be a long month.
    02-01-13 07:27 PM
    I think that there should be patience. We've waited this long right? And besides, its not like anyone posting here is on Sprint....oh wait.....I am. And I wont see a Z10 unless a switch.

Point being, it could always be worse.

It will be out in MArch for 3 out of four and thats it.

BTW, i noticed how Sprint wasnt mentioned in that response.
    02-01-13 07:28 PM
    My Bold 9930 commited suicide last night and I had to get an unlocked NIB from amazon for 199.00. Have an important meeting /convention next week and could not be without my Bold. I called Verizon to see if they could get me a 9930 and there answer was yes for 509.00 plus tax . The gentelman that I talk to understood my delema as far as the Z10 was concerned and was the one who sugested that i go to Amazon. He also looked up the Z10 and said that it would be released in Q-1. No other date just Q-1. So worst case scenario is March 31. For what its worth .

I got the Bold from amazon and it is indeed new. The battery and charger are used. i can deal with that. Also no camera.
    02-01-13 07:38 PM
    Just curious, because I don't know and haven't researched it.. Are the Canadian LTE networks a full LTE or are they mixture or LTE, 3G, and other legacy technologies.
    On Rogers, when I'm in the Toronto downtown, I get LTE. As I drive home to a magical little town well outside of Toronto, somewhere along the way (haven't noticed when) it downshifts to 4G quietly.

The LTE networks here are not yet extensive, so they cover the densest areas first, and are expanding (rapidly? I can only assume) as customers get capable devices.
    02-01-13 07:49 PM
    I think all Crackberry members that use Verizon should email all together at the same time ....lets say 11:00AM tomorrow
    I'm sure Verizon's servers will be able to handle a few dozen emails...
    02-01-13 07:55 PM
    it's full on LTE... Here's a bit from the Rogers site.... as a note, I tried to find anything on speeds from the AT&T site and all I could find was "up to 10x faster than 3g"

The Rogers LTE network is capable of maximum theoretical download speeds of up to 150 Mbps1. Typical download speeds today range from 12 to 25 Mbps for most devices, or even up to 40 Mbps for selected devices on the Rogers LTE network. The Rogers LTE network is ready for the future as devices advance.
    02-01-13 07:56 PM
    I'm not sure what's with the non-sense about LTE overseas Verizon is spinning, but supposedly the VZW version of the Z10 has not even been cleared by the FCC yet. If true this is out of Verizon's hands as I would think getting FCC approval is BlackBerry's problem to deal with. If there is no FCC clearance yet I can see why Verizon can't provide a date. Maybe they are waiting for BlackBerry to tell them the FCC gave the green light and it's ok to release?

Carrier testing seems to also factor in here though I guess with T-Mobile and AT&T being delayed even though they got FCC approval. Whatever the case, I don't think we're going to get a definitive answer for a little while as to when the US release date is.
    02-01-13 08:00 PM
    worth reading if you're following this thread...

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...rriers-766645/
    02-01-13 08:01 PM
    If you have a twitter account, hit them there...where everyone will see! @vzwnews

So far my tweets have gone unanswered but I'm not giving up!
    cjcampbell likes this.
    02-01-13 09:19 PM