Hello,

I've got a Torch 2 (9860) and it's almost brilliant. Why almost? The lock button is annoying and I can't figure out how to create a new ribbon/panel on the home page, but the phone as a whole is super.

I do have a question regarding emails and attachments. If I send a mail to myself with three text attachments:

file1.log (text/x-log)
    file2.txt (text/plain)
    file3.out (application/octet-stream)

The only file it'll display is file2.txt. I can understand it not wanting to view file3.txt but I'm disappointed that it won't display file1.txt.

Is there any way to configure what it will and will not display in a text viewer?

Also, is there a good third party text viewer that anyone can recommend? I provide remote support services and need to read text files anywhere, and the viewer is a little painful. I'm looking for wrap/no-wrap, regular expression searching, syntax highlighting (a big wish), etc.

Thanks,

John
    11-06-11 04:00 AM
    what is better is that you will have to convert the file to .doc or .txt this will have to be done is needed to be converted from your computer. also the Torch 2 is 9810. the 9860 has no name. its just a torch

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-11 05:45 AM
    Is there really no way to solve this problem? Telling a client to convert a log file to a word document does not look good.

I thought the Torch 2 was a 9860. Oops.
    11-06-11 07:47 AM
    That's fine. Why don't you convert the file and then send it? In my mind, there isn't a way to convert on BB. Maybe you can ask devs to make a program?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-11 08:37 AM
    Is there really no way to solve this problem? Telling a client to convert a log file to a word document does not look good.
    The BlackBerry can read a true TXT file, but it cannot read a LOG file.
    11-06-11 09:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD