My old 8330 curve used to get emails faster than my desk computer. Yesterday i got a new bold and it gets the emails sometimes as long as 15min after my desktop. Is there a setting somewhere for this?? I cant find anything
    08-27-10 11:45 AM
    As I understand it, email is polled about every 15 minutes and grabs new email. If there is email, then the next poll occurs sooner (but I don't know the interval). If there's new email, then these faster polls (shorter intervals) continue until there is no email and then it falls back to the 15 minute interval. Gmail is different and almost instantaneous.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, please.
    08-27-10 12:37 PM
    As I understand it, email is polled about every 15 minutes and grabs new email. If there is email, then the next poll occurs sooner (but I don't know the interval). If there's new email, then these faster polls (shorter intervals) continue until there is no email and then it falls back to the 15 minute interval. Gmail is different and almost instantaneous.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, please.
    I have gmail and I agree it is almost instantaneous.
    08-27-10 01:01 PM
    my understanding was with the push email system it should be instant. It was with my curve. Something is different about this new bold.
    08-27-10 01:33 PM
    Nope. The "push email system" is not instant.

As noted above, for Yahoo mail, GMail, and a handful of others, the push is near instant.

But (also as noted above) for POP3 email, the messages will be pushed to the device at between 3 and 15 minutes.
    08-27-10 05:33 PM
    My new bold is instant everytime with 3 different email addresses pulling mail onto it...could be that you are in an area with poor service from your provider

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-10 06:10 PM
    Are you on BIS or BES?
    08-27-10 07:10 PM
    I have no trouble. My emails come in faster than I care to read them. I wind up not even reading them, automaticallly delete them and go on my home rig and read my emails. I very rarely am looking for an email that I'm sitting at the edge of my seat for anyway.
    08-27-10 07:32 PM
    Might see a slow one now and then but over all speed is good here.

Tim
    08-27-10 08:20 PM
    My Bold gets my e-mails faster than my desktop does! One is POP3, the other Yahoo. Both are really fast.
    08-27-10 08:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD