I'm a new Bold 9650 user and I'm having a problem with my emails going to SMS/MMS, and then 10 minutes later showing up in my email folder. VERY annoying! I've read other replys to similar posts and all have stated going to hit the menu button and go to messages. Under messages then go to options and under options there is supposed to be a tag for SMS and emails so that I can separate the two. Under options in my message folder all I get are 4 tags for home screen preferences - none of which take care of this issue. Actually, under options on any of the folders in my menu all I get are those same 4 home screen preferences. Am I missing something? Is there a different process for the Bold 9650? Is my phone just jacked and I need to take it back? Does this have anything to do with the carrier, Verizon? Any and all help is greatly appreciated as I'm close to shelling out the $35 to restock this thing and get something different.
    11-17-10 04:35 PM
    what os version are you using, if it is 5.x, you go into the messages, options, there should be a tag for sms messages either being controlled by the theme or separate, this should help, if it is 6.x os goto messages, options and you will find inbox management, make sure that text messages does not have a check mark on it
    11-17-10 04:53 PM
    High versions of OS5.x also have the Inbox Management options in Messages/Menu/Options. Take out the checkmarks that represent the info you don't want filed under the Messages box.

Remember that Messages is NOT your inbox. It's just a "View All" type of folder viewer that just so happens to show the messages from whatever messaging options you've chosen to use on the BB.
    11-18-10 12:22 AM
    High versions of OS5.x also have the Inbox Management options in Messages/Menu/Options. Take out the checkmarks that represent the info you don't want filed under the Messages box.

Remember that Messages is NOT your inbox. It's just a "View All" type of folder viewer that just so happens to show the messages from whatever messaging options you've chosen to use on the BB.

^^ Correct. I'm running 5.0.0.975 on my Bold 9650 and the Messages folder consolidates ALL messaages from my 3 email accounts, SMS/MMS, BBMs, even phone calls. It's easy to define which types of messages show up in that folder, though, as described above. I also find that I frequently still look at each individual folder when I'm reviewing emails in detail.

Sounds like this Message Consolidation feature is a relatively new BB feature that not everyone loves, but I like it partly because it allows me to make the best use of my 6 Home Screen icons without having to use most of them for email accounts. It also makes for easier deleting of emails w/o having to open separate folders.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-10 08:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD