Hi guys,

Wondering whether anyone else has noticed a slow down in the BIS email delivery?

I have an imap email address set up on my device, the server supports imap_idle and mail arriving in my mailbox always arrived on my Blackberry within 60 seconds of it hitting the mailbox.

The last two or three days that has stopped happening and mail is taking anything up to 25 minutes to arrive now. I know BIS polls non imap_idle servers at 15 minute intervals but even when I know there is mail in the mail box it's still taking on average 25 minutes for me to get mail.

This is incredibly frustrating as I changed my email to a host that supports imap_idle as this quicker than POP3 and it worked fine for the last three months but now my email is taking an age to arrive.

I changed my phone on the BIS website from a Bold 9000 to a Bold 9700 on Sunday and this had no noticable instant effect as mails still were coming through within 60 seconds of hitting the server but on Monday and Tuesday it's been incredibly slow.

I've obviously registered the new phone on the network and gone through the change of device on BIS. I've added the pin and imei of the 9700 which is not a network branded or locked phone on my carrier BIS site with absolutely no problems. I've even swapped back to my carrier branded 9000 for the last three hours and yet the problem persists so I don't think it's related to the swap at all.

I've sent service books to both phones, re-registered the host routing table on both phones and done battery pulls on both phones and yet the email is still taking an eternity to arrive.

Right now I have a test mail sitting in my mail box which arrive 19 minutes ago and yet there's still no push to the device which even contradicts the 15 minute check and push, never mind goes against the 60 seconds I've had up until two days ago.

Anyone else using imap_idle having a similar problem?

I know Google and Yahoo are supposed instant, as is the carrier email address but I have my own domain and my own email which I specifically moved to a host supporting imap_idle as this is supposed to be near instant too.

As a second test I've sent a mail to the carrier's blackberry email and again this is not instant either! This mail has so far taken 12 minutes to not arrive on my device.

I'm with Orange UK, could this be a carrier problem?
    12-15-09 10:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD