Had to wipe phone clean yesterday. I restored from last backup. All is good except my email. I have my work yahoo email sent to my phone (as well as PC). Phone is asking for a password. I entered the only one I know and the one that works when I use yahoo online. Why won't phone take password? Is there a way around this or another option?
    04-12-12 08:47 AM
    Had to wipe phone clean yesterday. I restored from last backup. All is good except my email. I have my work yahoo email sent to my phone (as well as PC). Phone is asking for a password. I entered the only one I know and the one that works when I use yahoo online. Why won't phone take password? Is there a way around this or another option?
    you need your bis username and password before you can setup your email or add an email address
    04-12-12 09:04 AM
    Sorry - Still don't get it. Phone is asking to validate email account. Gives me bis email address. Bis doesn't have a pw on email.
    04-12-12 09:16 AM
    Sorry - Still don't get it. Phone is asking to validate email account. Gives me bis email address. Bis doesn't have a pw on email.
    How long have you had this phone?
    04-12-12 09:56 AM
    2 years - bb8520 - no issues til had to wipe phone clean and restore using backup from 3 days ago. all emails there from backup - nothing new since due to pw request.
    04-12-12 10:14 AM
    Delete the mail account from your BB and readd it using setup. Either that, or validate here

http://blackberry.com/integrate from your device's browser.
    jenngl likes this.
    04-12-12 10:17 AM
    AWESOME!!! Thank you so much. Same pw I was typing in on the validate screen but it took it using the brower site!! Thanks a bunch!!

04-12-12 10:24 AM
    Glad I could help! Take care!

Cheers,
    04-12-12 10:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD