Hello all,

Lately I have found that when I need to search for a sent or deleted email the only ones appearing are closer and closer to today's date.

Does anyone know how I might be able to view messages from a longer period of time? Say 3-4 months? Is this something that needs to be addressed via my provider which in this case is hotmail.com?

Many thanks in advance

Posted via CB10
    05-24-16 08:51 PM
    what have you chosen for your setting in your account set up? you have a choice as to how long to keep the email available.

Do you have gmail?
    05-25-16 05:38 AM
    what have you chosen for your setting in your account set up? you have a choice as to how long to keep the email available.

Do you have gmail?
    I believe I may have figured out the answer. I have changed the settings for sync timeframe to "forever" is this correct?

Also what does the sync interval mean? Is this how often the phone will search for email messages from the provider which in my case is Hotmail.com?

Thanks so much for your help!

Posted via CB10
    05-25-16 11:31 AM
    Also what does the sync interval mean? Is this how often the phone will search for email messages from the provider which in my case is Hotmail.com?
    yes
    05-25-16 05:25 PM
    Hello all,

Lately I have found that when I need to search for a sent or deleted email the only ones appearing are closer and closer to today's date.

Does anyone know how I might be able to view messages from a longer period of time? Say 3-4 months? Is this something that needs to be addressed via my provider which in this case is hotmail.com?

Many thanks in advance

Posted via CB10
    In my experience my Hub only keeps about 30 days of emails and one year of other types of messages (texts, etc..)

I think one time I read on this forum that you need to be hooked up to a corporate server to have ALL your emails available for search.

I personally use the app 'posta' to recover all my Gmail.

Hope this helps.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-16 10:42 AM
    In my experience my Hub only keeps about 30 days of emails and one year of other types of messages (texts, etc..)

I think one time I read on this forum that you need to be hooked up to a corporate server to have ALL your emails available for search.

I personally use the app 'posta' to recover all my Gmail.

Hope this helps.

Posted via CB10
    Emails are available "forever " through searches, once you have that feature activated on your email account. It doesn't necessarily have to be on BES

Posted via CB10
    05-26-16 11:40 AM
    It will offer to search the account live / online (rummages through your IMAP folders)... :-)

Just tap the account!

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    05-26-16 07:55 PM
    Emails are available "forever " through searches, once you have that feature activated on your email account. It doesn't necessarily have to be on BES

Posted via CB10
    I really don't see where I can do this. There's no option for me. I've had this issue since 2013 and just accepted it... I was told I need to be on server.
    05-26-16 11:42 PM
    I really don't see where I can do this. There's no option for me. I've had this issue since 2013 and just accepted it... I was told I need to be on server.
    Open your email account on the desktop, go into setting ,the opinion is there .provided you have emails saved.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-16 06:54 AM
    Open your email account on the desktop, go into setting ,the opinion is there .provided you have emails saved.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you but I've tried everything on the desktop settings. Just doesn't work for me
    05-27-16 10:05 AM