Hello everyone, just picked up a Pearl from Verizon after my Q decided to die right after my baby girl was born. I am loving it so far. I have one question that I have not been able to find here. Is there any way to make replies I make from my Gmail account not get pushed to the Pearl? I really don't care to see any replies I make come back to the phone and seems like such a waste of data. Does any of this make sense?
    Basically, I send an email from Gmail.com on my PC, and my new message or reply gets sent to my BB from me.....

TIA
    02-01-08 07:03 AM
    Yes, you'll need to logon to your BIS account here https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw via the PC and set a filter as described here http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...-handheld.html

Disregard the fact that example shown is Cingular... the process is identical when logging into VZW BIS.
    02-01-08 07:59 AM
    I have tried that, and can not create an account, and when I do it from my BB, I get the email setup. I have the data and email plan from Verizon, not the corporate data plan. Does that make a difference? I really have tried everything list on that forum and still can not get it to stop.

Do I need to mabe a Blackberry Email address?
    02-01-08 08:37 AM
    No you don't need a Corp plan, and don't need a BlackBerry Email Address.
    Create the BIS UserID/Pswrd on the BB through email settings, then you should be able to logon to BIS through PC to create the filter.
    02-01-08 08:44 AM
    No you don't need a Corp plan, and don't need a BlackBerry Email Address.
    Create the BIS UserID/Pswrd on the BB through email settings, then you should be able to logon to BIS through PC to create the filter.
    Ok, I think I finally found it....Thanks for all the help, and this is not going to cost me anything additional to my service plan? I always get nervous with the data plans.

Thanks Again!
    02-01-08 09:01 AM
    You're welcome.
    I take it you have BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service) given what you said earlier
    I have the data and email plan from Verizon, not the corporate data plan.
    therefore you're billed the $29.99 BIS rate, there are no extra charges for setting up access to your account.
    02-01-08 09:24 AM
    Thanks again for all your help
    02-01-08 10:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD