I have set up a GoDaddy IMAP account that has worked perfectly across a MAC, Macbook, and motorola phone. My new Bold 9650 is telling me that I have new messages but I've sat at my computer much of the day reading them (some deleted, some staying in my box but read). If I read it on the phone, it tells my computer that msg's are read, but not the inverse. How to reconcile?
    07-26-10 11:15 AM
    I'm afraid unless you have Gmail two way sync doesn't happen on BIS. This is something only available on BES with an exchange account or BIS with a Gmail account
    07-27-10 09:43 AM
    ryjacon1,

As mark-d said, it is not possible on BIS.

This, to me, is one of the biggest problems with BlackBerry. By not allowing 2-way email sync to ALL users, I believe they are alienating many BIS users (like myself).

Every other smartphone (iPhone, Droid, etc.) allows 2-way sync with any IMAP account (my old Treo included). Why not BB?? Perhaps there is an email App for BB that would allow this (I have not found one). All I know is that, as much as I like my BB, this deficiency is enough of a deal breaker for me to consider switching to another phone when the time comes.

Enough of my rant A workaround I use is to delete messages on my BB before doing anything on my desktop. This then deletes them on the desktop.

I hope they "fix" this issue.
    07-27-10 01:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD