I have used a Blackberry for work for years. Our email was pushed via our enterprise server and appeared on both our Lotus Notes application and the BB.
    I have left my old company and purchased a 8320 that I love. The only problem I am having is this: Sometimes email I receive in my Outlook 2003 application does not appear on my BB. Ideally, I want all email to appear in both places. When I launch RECONCILE EMAIL, it appears as if nothing happens. I'm hoping that this is as easy as a missed step during setup.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!!
    10-01-08 08:05 AM
    I found the answer (of all places) in a MS Outlook user forum.

Thanks!
    10-01-08 08:37 AM
    how about sharing the answer?
    10-01-08 01:23 PM
    I found in a MS Outlook users forum that you must make the following change in outlook in order to have emails pushed to both outlook and bb.

In outlook, go into tools-email accounts-view or change existing email account then select NEXT...
    Once there, select your email account and hit the CHANGE button. Then select the MORE SETTINGS button in the lower right-hand corner.From there, select the ADVANCED tab. At the bottom of the page, check the LEAVE A COPY OF MESSAGES ON SERVER, the close out of changes.

Please note that I am using Outlook 2003 and an Internet (pop/smtp) email (not an enterprise) server. I have no idea if this fix will work in other situations...I just know that it solved my problem.
    10-01-08 09:55 PM
    I found in a MS Outlook users forum that you must make the following change in outlook in order to have emails pushed to both outlook and bb.

In outlook, go into tools-email accounts-view or change existing email account then select NEXT...
    Once there, select your email account and hit the CHANGE button. Then select the MORE SETTINGS button in the lower right-hand corner.From there, select the ADVANCED tab. At the bottom of the page, check the LEAVE A COPY OF MESSAGES ON SERVER, the close out of changes.

Please note that I am using Outlook 2003 and an Internet (pop/smtp) email (not an enterprise) server. I have no idea if this fix will work in other situations...I just know that it solved my problem.
    Yep, someone today on here had the same problem. It's doesn"t tell Outlook to push the email it just tell outlook not to download and remove from the server. Your ISP email is pulled from outlook and Blackberry separately. If outlook has already taken the email away, the blackberry will poll for any new email and such not finding anything...
    10-01-08 09:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD