I just got a BB 9700 & I have a few questions about BB email.

1) How do I know an email is sent? Is there a way I can set up an alert so I know its been sent?

2) Is there a way to view emails that I have on my PC from my BB? Ex. If I sent out an email from my PC can I view/edit it on my BB?

3) Is there a way I can view sent emails from my BB (on my BB)?
    *besides just pressing alt+o*

Thank You,
    10-13-10 11:25 AM
    I just got a BB 9700 & I have a few questions about BB email.

1) How do I know an email is sent? Is there a way I can set up an alert so I know its been sent?

2) Is there a way to view emails that I have on my PC from my BB? Ex. If I sent out an email from my PC can I view/edit it on my BB?

3) Is there a way I can view sent emails from my BB (on my BB)?
    *besides just pressing alt+o*

Thank You,
    1. You can request a delivery and/or read confirmation, but the recipient has to have it enabled I believe. I never used that functionality though, so I don't know how well it works.

I do know that if the email fails to send, the BB will notify you via the icon next to it in your messages folder.

2. Do you have BIS or BES? If you have BIS, there's no real way to do it unless you have webmail you can login to with your browser and look through it that way.

3. Not entirely sure on this one, sorry.
    10-13-10 11:39 AM
    3. From your Messages icon: Options> General Options> Hide Sent Messages, Set it to No.
    10-13-10 12:00 PM
    alright thank you guys
    10-13-10 12:14 PM
    I' trying to figure out why you need an alert that a "message is sent". Is your BB coverage so spotty that you can hit "Send" and have to wait for it to go out? Generally speaking if you have signal, the message will go immediately (or as immediately as bandwidth and traffic allow).
    10-13-10 04:04 PM
    When the icon next to the message changes from the radio waves to the checkmark, then the message has been sent.
    10-13-10 04:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD