I got my Blackberry for one reason. To get rid of my PDA and phone. I don't need email, or web browsing, or IM or any of the other option.

No problem, I just don't use them right? Well not quite. I keep getting an orange/yellow envelop showing up in my main window with a number next to it. Started at 2 and now its up to 10.

I have no idea what it is or how to get rid of it. I have not set up any email accounts, so how could I be receiving any emails. I have tried to use the email application, but it always says I need to create an account. My data account isn't changing so I'm not downloading anything. I am very confused.

Any help would be appreciated.

This is very frustrating
    11-18-10 03:36 PM
    Do you have missed calls or voicemails showing up in the messages folder?
    11-18-10 03:39 PM
    Do you have missed calls or voicemails showing up in the messages folder?
    VZWman1987 is right every missed call is going to messages folder..,it depends on your settings inside 'Messages' you can log everything from emails, calls, and messages..

just check your messages folder and you'll get rid off those notifications in no time..

enjoy...

peace..
    11-18-10 03:56 PM
    Ahhh,

Thank you all. That was exactly what was going on. I had several calls and voice mails that had not been viewed/listened to.

Fixed that all and now the envelop is gone.

Again, many thanks.
    11-18-10 04:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD