I posted this on the storm forums but then wondered if it may be a larger problem.

I use my school's e-mail on my BB and they use Outlook Web Access. I can receive mail fine but here are the two problems I am having:

1. I cannot send e-mails to people at my school. I can send them to all other addresses but if it ends in @winona.edu I get a message back saying that they could not deliver the mail.

and

2. When I reply to an e-mail, on my BB or my computer, it sends the original back to my inbox on my BB as an unread message.

The second one isnt a huge problem but just annoying. If anyone can help me out with this problem it would be wonderful.
    02-03-10 07:37 PM
    for number 2 you can set up a filter on bis to not forward emails to your device from your own email address
    02-03-10 08:01 PM
    for number 2 you can set up a filter on bis to not forward emails to your device from your own email address
    How would I go about doing something like this?
    02-04-10 01:48 PM
    How would I go about doing something like this?
    On your device, log onto email setup, the under your school email address, hit menu then filter and create a filter where mail from your address won't hit your device.
    02-04-10 02:53 PM
    If I understand the OP's post, the problem he describes as No.2 will not be solved by setting up a filter as described above. He is not receiving duplicate mail from himself, he is receiving a duplicate of the original e-mail from someone else.

I have this exact same problem from an academic account. Whenever I reply to an e-mail on that account, a copy of the original e-mail (not my reply) is pushed to my BlackBerry.

I would be very interested if anyone else has had this problem and discovered a solution to it.
    02-04-10 03:06 PM
    If I understand the OP's post, the problem he describes as No.2 will not be solved by setting up a filter as described above. He is not receiving duplicate mail from himself, he is receiving a duplicate of the original e-mail from someone else.

I have this exact same problem from an academic account. Whenever I reply to an e-mail on that account, a copy of the original e-mail (not my reply) is pushed to my BlackBerry.

I would be very interested if anyone else has had this problem and discovered a solution to it.
    Original email or reply, it is still coming from YOUR email address correct? So why wouldn't the filter blocking messages that originate from your address work?
    02-04-10 03:39 PM

Yes, this is my problem. The ORIGINAL message is coming back to me, not the reply I am sending. Will this filter fix this problem?
    02-04-10 03:41 PM
    Yes, this is my problem. The ORIGINAL message is coming back to me, not the reply I am sending. Will this filter fix this problem?
    The time you took to type that question you could have created the filter and tested it and had your answer!
    02-04-10 05:39 PM
    The time you took to type that question you could have created the filter and tested it and had your answer!
    Not too friendly a comment, IMO.

In any event, for the OP, I tried the filter approach recommended above. Not surprisingly, to me at least, this did not have any effect whatsoever on the problem. I did not expect it to, as the duplicate e-mail is not originating from my account, but rather from the original sender's account.

So, it would still be great to hear from anybody that has a helpful idea on a workaround for this problem. Thanks.
    02-04-10 09:16 PM
    Filter option did not work. Looking for another solution.
    02-04-10 09:58 PM
    Not too friendly a comment, IMO.

In any event, for the OP, I tried the filter approach recommended above. Not surprisingly, to me at least, this did not have any effect whatsoever on the problem. I did not expect it to, as the duplicate e-mail is not originating from my account, but rather from the original sender's account.

So, it would still be great to hear from anybody that has a helpful idea on a workaround for this problem. Thanks.
    I'm just saying, why ask us if the filter will work when we don't have this problem and it only takes a minute to test on your own? And if the original email is not from your address, then of course it wont work. The filter will only block messages from your account.
    02-04-10 10:57 PM
    I'm just saying, why ask us if the filter will work when we don't have this problem and it only takes a minute to test on your own? And if the original email is not from your address, then of course it wont work. The filter will only block messages from your account.
    You must be missing the point of my question. If you do not have this problem or have had no experience with it why would you recommend a solution then criticize me for not trying it?

The point of my question is to reach out and find someone that has had this problem and has found a real solution for me to use. Not a "go try this and hope for the best" answer.

Sorry if you misinterpreted. I am still looking for a solution if anyone can help.
    02-04-10 11:56 PM
    My academic account is also doing this (#2) and it really is bugging me. I too am awaiting a solution while I try different stuff on my own.
    02-12-10 11:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD