I recently changed my hotmail password, however, now when I try to validate my account it informs me that I am using the wrong login/password. I have read many threads on the net regarding this and they have all informed that I should let it wait a few hours and then try again.

This has been like this now for 2 days and still no luck.

Any ideas on how to go about fixing this?
    06-08-10 08:10 AM
    Have you tried deleting the e-mail completely (in your BIS) and then re-setting it up?
    06-08-10 08:16 AM
    Have you tried deleting the e-mail completely (in your BIS) and then re-setting it up?

Yes, that has been done.

I've tried using another hotmail address which worked fine. For some reason, this one just won't let me use it.

Any suggestions?
    06-08-10 08:55 AM
    Yes, that has been done.

I've tried using another hotmail address which worked fine. For some reason, this one just won't let me use it.

Any suggestions?
    Hmm, seems odd that it's just the one e-mail that's causing the issue. You're sure that the new password was accepted and active on the Hotmail account in question correct? I would log into the Hotmail account, change the password one more time, make sure that the password change went thru, and then try to re-validate it in the BIS.
    06-08-10 09:03 AM
    You have to change it through the BIS server. You can also change it through your Email Settings folder if you have one on your bb. If you change passwords on your email accounts website the BIS server tries logging in with your old info.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-10 09:18 AM
    You have to change it through the BIS server. You can also change it through your Email Settings folder if you have one on your bb. If you change passwords on your email accounts website the BIS server tries logging in with your old info.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

I am trying to change it on my BIS server. That is the issue. I have tried via Rogers BIS online and also through the Email Settings on the phone.

Also, the password change has been accepted, as I am able to put the new password into MSN and such.

I will try the password change again though.
    06-08-10 09:33 AM
    UPDATE:

Changed the password again and now it works. For some reason I had to change the password twice before it would accept the change.

Very weird.

Thanks for all your help.
    06-08-10 09:38 AM
    UPDATE:

Changed the password again and now it works. For some reason I had to change the password twice before it would accept the change.

Very weird.

Thanks for all your help.
    Awesome, glad that it finally all worked out. I figured it had to be something with that password!
    06-08-10 09:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD