Currently using bb tour on sprint with OS .975 and just noticed an issue with the email option.

Out of 80 contacts with an email address, there are 5 that will not allow me to email through the menu when contact is selected. the only options are call, sms, and mms. I have deleted 1 of these contacts, did a battery pull, and then re-entered the contact, still no luck.

Anyone have this issue or know of a solution?
    01-16-11 04:10 PM
    Well, suggestion If its just those 5, then when you need to compose an email, instead of opening your email/compose screen to send to one of those 5 contacts, go directly to your contact in the address book and do it that way-i know its a PITA, but if its works that way, then use it as a work around
    Also, have you tried a batt pull to see if that may help?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-16-11 04:47 PM
    I would like to know why this is happening. I don't think something like this should require a workaround.

01-16-11 04:50 PM
    I would like to know why this is happening. I don't think something like this should require a workaround.

I agree with you, but we all know that all phones have glitches here and there regardless if its a droid, bb, feature ph, iPhone etc.

01-16-11 04:53 PM
    I have done a battery pull, once after deleting, oncve after re adding them. The "email contact" option does not appear whether I search from the home screen, go into the contact itself, or goiong to the physical contact within the list. I must type their email out everytime I wish to send them an email.

01-16-11 04:56 PM
    I have done a battery pull, once after deleting, oncve after re adding them. The "email contact" option does not appear whether I search from the home screen, go into the contact itself, or goiong to the physical contact within the list. I must type their email out everytime I wish to send them an email.

ooohh. Ok, yea that does suck then.
    That is really strange then. I know this is a stupid question, but you do have their email address in the right field in the contact info right?

01-16-11 05:09 PM
    Yes. All in the correct fields

01-16-11 05:16 PM
    Is there anything unusual in those email addresses or contacts?
    01-16-11 05:25 PM
    Yes. All in the correct fields

I know it was a silly question, but I just wanted to make sure.
    I'm stumped atm. Maybe MotorcycleMama has some input

01-16-11 05:32 PM
    Try making a DM backup first off and then exporting all of them to Outlook (make sure they got there correctly). Then once you're sure they're exported to Outlook, try to sync your BB with the contacts in Outlook. Perhaps somehow your database on the device got corrupted. Worth a shot anyway...
    01-16-11 05:56 PM
    I currently don't sync with outlook, but do use DM for backups. Itks weird that after I deleted them and then re entered manually, they still don't work. Puzzled!!!

01-16-11 06:38 PM
    I currently don't sync with outlook, but do use DM for backups. Itks weird that after I deleted them and then re entered manually, they still don't work. Puzzled!!!

very puzzling indeed! Well, hopefully someone will see this and know what the deal is on how to resolve it. My only other suggestion would be to try a wipe and re-install of the OS to see if that will help the prob. I don't know if that's considered over the top, but maybe worth a shot if your savy enough to do it

01-16-11 07:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD