I have three email accounts setup on my curve.
    Work and 2 home accounts.

Is there a way to make a BB keep my Home email from mixing with my Work email in the Main Messages icon? I now that not the right names for everything but I;m new. LOL

I have SMS and MMS in its own folder. Want to know if you can do the same thing with email,
    12-14-08 07:44 PM
    You should have a seperate folder for each email account, as well as the main Messages app. That's as seperated as you can get it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-14-08 08:09 PM
    There is no way to seperate the messages in the main messages icon. You can hide the main messages icon and use the 2 home email icons and the work email icon. That is the only way to have seperate icons for your email addresses

12-14-08 08:10 PM
    By design, ALL messages go to the Messages Folder, as well as to their respective BIS inboxes. You can't turn this off. There is not a separate inbox for BES mail. BES only goes to the Messages Folder, where all the other mail also goes. So if you are on BES, there is no way to separate the Enterprise mail and the BIS mail. Some people choose to separate the SMS and email inboxes and hide the Messages folder. The other option (that I prefer) is to let the Message Folder be a one-stop-shop for all message traffic. I don't separate SMS and emails, and I hide the email inboxes. It's user preference, either way.

Here is a 3rd party app that will give you a BES mail box. I haven't used it. Empower your BlackBerry with HTML Email Viewer and BES MailBox
    12-14-08 08:23 PM
    I'm on BES and use the apps in the link JeffH ^^ provided. Extremely effective, very nicely integrated, plus it allows you to convert emails to tasks or appointments. Wouldn't be without it. But you have to be on BES (corporate).

12-14-08 08:30 PM
    There may be a free fix by BB although it does sound a little involved. I have not tried it. Check out blackberry.com

support, blackberry technical solution center

sorry, I can't post the link because I am new to crackberry.com

The description reads as follows:

Overview
    BlackBerry Enterprise Server software version 4.1.5 introduces a feature that allows the administrator to add an icon on the Home screen of each BlackBerry smartphone in a BlackBerry domain. This icon will allow BlackBerry smartphone users to list only messages which are received from their organization's BlackBerry Enterprise Server. This feature sets a flag in the service book, which will turn on or turn off the icon. The name of the icon will be the same as the name of the service book, as specified in the Message service display name field on the Advanced tab of the Email Settings applet of the BlackBerry Desktop Manager software. The default setting for this feature is turned off. The following procedure indicates how it can be turned on and subsequently turned off.

Warning: Do not edit the files. Importing a modified file may cause problems on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server.

To turn the feature on or off, complete the following steps:

Unzip the BESOnlyMessageApplication.zip file to a temporary folder on the local computer.
    From a command prompt, change the current directory to the temporary folder from step 1.
    Use the BBDBUpdate.exe command line tool with one of the following files:
    To turn on this feature, enter the following command using the EnableBESOnlyMessageApplication.sql input file:
    bbdbupdate -db <database_name> -input EnableBESOnlyMessageApplication.sql
    01-06-09 03:39 PM
    I solved this dilemma by just "hiding" the Main Messages Folder. I use each outside email folder separately.
    01-06-09 03:44 PM
    There may be a free fix by BB although it does sound a little involved. I have not tried it. Check out blackberry.com

support, blackberry technical solution center

sorry, I can't post the link because I am new to crackberry.com

The description reads as follows:

Overview
    BlackBerry Enterprise Server software version 4.1.5 introduces a feature that allows the administrator to add an icon on the Home screen of each BlackBerry smartphone in a BlackBerry domain. This icon will allow BlackBerry smartphone users to list only messages which are received from their organization's BlackBerry Enterprise Server. This feature sets a flag in the service book, which will turn on or turn off the icon. The name of the icon will be the same as the name of the service book, as specified in the Message service display name field on the Advanced tab of the Email Settings applet of the BlackBerry Desktop Manager software. The default setting for this feature is turned off. The following procedure indicates how it can be turned on and subsequently turned off.

Warning: Do not edit the files. Importing a modified file may cause problems on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server.

To turn the feature on or off, complete the following steps:

Unzip the BESOnlyMessageApplication.zip file to a temporary folder on the local computer.
    From a command prompt, change the current directory to the temporary folder from step 1.
    Use the BBDBUpdate.exe command line tool with one of the following files:
    To turn on this feature, enter the following command using the EnableBESOnlyMessageApplication.sql input file:
    bbdbupdate -db <database_name> -input EnableBESOnlyMessageApplication.sql
    That does work, but then he'll still be suck with his two "home" e-mails going to the main message folder. There's no way to separate those.
    01-06-09 03:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD