2 days ago I emailed both TD and BMO to ask them what their plans are for making mobile banking apps on other platforms besides iOS, Android and BB7.

response from TD regarding BB10/WP7/WP8:
    We would like to confirm that due to the small number of users of this type of phone. TD Canada Trust has made the decision to not create the application for Windows Phone at this time. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience that may be caused. We can assure you that we appreciate your suggestion, and this decision could be changed at any time in the future.

In the meantime, we encourage you to access your accounts on your Windows Phone using our mobile web-optimized website at www.td.com/w.

We can't speak about an app for the Blackberry 10 as the phone has not yet been released.
    We are pleased to advise that we have forwarded a copy of your suggestion to the appropriate business area for consideration of future improvements and enhancements.
    If they "can't speak about an app for the Blackberry 10 as the phone has not yet been released" that means they haven't even considered it because the SDK has been available for them to do so for quite some time and there's only a couple of months left until launch.

From BMO:

You can use Mobile Banking as long as you are registered for Online Banking and enrolled in Enhanced Sign-in Security. All you need is a mobile device or smartphone with internet browsing capability. To get started from your mobile device go to the BMO Mobile URL: http://m.bmo.com and enter your Bank card number and Online banking password to sign in.
    With regards to specific Windows Phone 8 and Blackberry 10 apps, I value your opinion and have forwarded your feedback to our Online Banking Channel Management team for their review. I appreciate the time you have taken to share your feedback with us.
    So basically I was told to "use your phone browser" by both. So I went to their mobile browser websites to see how it would look and it was an underwhelming experience compared to the ease of their apps. TD's reply that "not enough users of Windows Phone" basically hints to me that unless BB10 reaches a userbase much higher than both WP7 and WP8 combined, they won't do it. This is a classic case of which comes first, the chicken or the egg that anyone other than Android and iOS has to deal with when it comes to luring developers and I'm concerned that this mindset will be present among many other businesses that develop mobile apps.

How can RIM make this better for us other than individually contacting each and every one of the 100,000 or so BB7 developers to make sure all the apps currently available to BB7 will be available in BB10 (which I suspect isn't going to happen)? The only solution I can think of is for RIM to actually re-write all of those apps themselves. Because they don't own those apps, you can be sure that's not going to happen either. I suspect I'm going to be left with resorting to doing the legwork myself and contact every app developer I want a BB10 app for and asking them to make it combined with forwarding all their responses to RIM's developer relations dept. In a nutshell I have to use a lot of my own time to get these apps on my phone and just cross my fingers that they not only make them, but make them "soon" tm

/sigh. does anyone know what email address RIM's developer relations for BB10 is so I can get started forwarding these responses?
    chrysaurora and CDM76 like this.
    12-04-12 02:40 PM
    Thanks in advance for interfacing between app-developers and RIM developer relation teams. I am sure we all can benefit from some of the apps you get ported over. In fact, if I find an app on my BB Bold but not on BB 10 N, I'd do the same!

To contact developer relations: I guess you could find them on FB/Twitter/LinkedIn.
    - https://developer.blackberry.com/dev...es/devrel.html
    - https://twitter.com/asaunders (VP of Dev Relations @ RIM)
    12-04-12 03:04 PM