I cannot add any email addresses to my used 8530. It is asking for a username and password, nothing works for this. I can make send a password verification to the phone and it is listing hte email of the person who had it before me. Now it just sends a link and the link does nothing...I have wiped the phone multiple times and have loaded my basckup from the desktop manager and all that did was let me read my old messages. It shows my email icon with my address but nothing will send or receive...I don't know anything else to try...I have never experienced this issue.
    09-03-10 12:30 AM
    First and foremost, do you have a BlackBerry data plan? You'll need that.
    09-03-10 12:32 AM
    Sounds like the owner before you didn't release the PIN with his carrier before selling the phone. Speak to him and ask him to have the PIN released then you can set up your own account with your own username and password and add your own emails.

Of course a Karmaloop says you'll need a Blackberry data plan.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-10 10:06 AM
    Call your carrier, sounds like your already (almost) up and running. They know it's not stolen. They can release the accounts and disassociate the previous owner from your bb.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-10 10:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD