OK...I am a total Newbie...so please forgive me...when i go to my email icon on my home screen (gmail) and go in the menu option and highlight view folder, i have 6 sets of "inbox and spam" folders before i get to the other folders (ie. missed calls, MMS inbox, MMs outbox, etc)...the issue i have is when i want to file an email under an inbox folder, i have no idea which one it goes to, so i have to "view" all six of the inbox folders...i hope i'm making sence...how can i remove 5 sets of the "inbox and spam" folders...PLEASE advise, i'm pulling out my hair over here!...Thank you all in advance
    01-19-10 03:21 PM
    Why are you even trying to use those folders? You can't file or save messages specifically to those folders (or to any folders if you are on a BIS).
    01-19-10 05:10 PM
    i guess b/c i don't know any better ...I want to file my emails to keep them organized...I have no idea how to do so...please advise...

thanks again
    01-19-10 05:38 PM
    Yeah, you can't organize them (not in the native software anyway). The most you can do is "Save" a message and it will show up in the "Saved Messages" folder.

The best thing to do about those other folders you see when you press the menu button is to forget that you ever saw them. They are (unfortunately perhaps) of no use to you.
    01-19-10 07:33 PM
    THANK YOU so much for your help...it was driving me crazy...
    01-19-10 09:01 PM
    ...but it is possible if your employer has a BES and your carrier offers a BES addon (e.g., don't think Boost does). With a BB Enterprise Server you can save emails to folders on your PC at work. Your email syncs, your calendar, tasks and memopad(notes) files all sync into Outlook. I have 4.5 OS so I have to create folders at work, but understand the 5.0 can create folders on the device. Wouldn't hurt to ask your IT Dept!
    Last edited by CMHberry; 01-23-10 at 09:19 PM.
    01-23-10 09:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD