I subscribe to an email listserv that generates many emails so I went to my bis site and created a filter to not forward messages to device if the subject had [CSC], since the listserv inserts that into each subject.

My question is, the emails are still coming through. When I send myself an email from a different address with [CSC] in the subject it's blocked correctly, but the listserv somehow makes it through.

I know that the listserv is different in that the user does not add csc to the subject, the system does it, but I didn't think that was relevant because it's regardless of how the csc gets there, it's there. How can I block these messages?

thanks
    06-12-10 04:53 PM
    that [csc] could be the name of the group that you all have been added too.

Does it happen to come from a common sender, where you could filter those to delete, or to another folder or something so they dont show on the device?
    06-12-10 04:58 PM
    Is it possible the listserv is sending to more than one email address, or to a different address than the one you filtered?
    06-12-10 06:07 PM
    Is it possible the listserv is sending to more than one email address, or to a different address than the one you filtered?
    He filtered based on the [csc] in the subject, but if it is a google group that is sometimes added to the subject eventho the sender may not have placed it there.

I am on a list that performs like that.
    06-12-10 06:11 PM
    It is not unusual for square brackets [] to be used as an alternate string delimiter, or for special purposes within scripting languages. Try omitting the brackets, or use only one to breal the matching pair.

Also look closely for an embedded space or non-printing character, or try filtering on "sender". look closely at the raw email headers because many list servers put their own list address as "Reply To" rather than "From" so you might be able to snag that in a filter.
    06-12-10 06:15 PM
    I have tried filtering out CSC in the subject, without brackets. No difference.

It comes from multiple senders so I can't filter by sender address. The TO address is always the same: csc @ site.com. So I tried filtering out csc in the to address, no difference again.

I don't understand what's different about these emails. I'm sure the filter is functioning because it does filter out my own emails when I set the subject to csc to test.
    06-12-10 06:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD