I have 5 email addresses going to my curve. I'm having an issue with my main email address that I use for my close friends & family is the problem. Emails will show up and then disappear. Sometimes even before I get to see them. Needless to say I've gone to my home computer and found the missing emails. I'm going to be traveling for up to three months for work and don't want to miss these. Is there a setting on my bb that I need to change?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-08 07:28 PM
    It sounds as though you have low device memory. Go to options>status and tell me the file free number.
    11-19-08 07:34 PM
    I agree. Your BB will automatically delete messages if low on memory.

11-19-08 07:42 PM
    Hey there Mchugh89! I'm a newb that "Had memory problems" It freaked me out to find that disappear, too! I still haven't updated my OS yet bc waiten on a new computer. But the little bit I was able to do as far as cleaning up apps on my bb helped a lot. Goodluck!and have a safe trip!

11-19-08 07:45 PM
    It sounds as though you have low device memory. Go to options>status and tell me the file free number.
    It shows file free 27791593 bytes. I don't care if it deletes the old email messages, but I'm getting frustrated with missing current emails and it seems to be just from the ISP account, not my gmail, ymail, or .mac email accounts.
    11-19-08 08:18 PM
    Well thats not really that low. Have you done a battery pull recently (it may have been lower prior)? Send your service books also to see if that clears it up. Watch the free file, if it drops below 11-10 mb it will begin to delete things. But I'm not so sure thats the issue here.
    11-19-08 08:26 PM
    Also open messages>menu>options>general, and see how long you have it set to keep messages.
    11-19-08 08:28 PM
    I've got it set to keep messages for 30 days and I did a battery pull on Sunday night. Anything else I should check?
    11-19-08 08:53 PM
    I also just sent my service books again.
    11-19-08 08:55 PM
    Interesting....free memory is good yet your losing email... Has it resolved itself??
    11-19-08 08:57 PM
    About all I can think of. Weird it's just the one email account.
    11-19-08 08:58 PM
    Well, we'll see how it works tomorrow. I thought it was strange just one account too, so I wonder if it's how I have my email set up with my Mac? Thanks for everyone's help! I'll let you know if it worked!
    11-19-08 09:54 PM
    Saw your post about emails just disappearing, my husband is having a similar problem on his bold. He is on an enterprise system through his work and some days he won’t get any emails through to the bb at all and other days 20 will come across and then in a few minutes they will all disappear. He also has a gmail account that goes to the same bb with no problems, his phone is new and he is not very savvy so it is surely not a storage problem. Have you found a resolution to your problem yet. I would love to hear the fix if you have found it.
    02-18-09 08:51 PM
    that happened to me sometimes too. the email would appear in my inbox but not in my blackberry...
    02-18-09 09:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD