Is there a magic button you can press while viewing an email that deletes the currently opened email and then moves you to the previous email in your inbox? This seems like pretty basic stuff, but the default action after deleting an open message is to reload the inbox.

I have searched high and low for an answer to this and can't find it.

Zapp
    08-10-10 12:13 PM
    Nope...its back to the Inbox.
    08-10-10 12:15 PM
    Nope...its back to the Inbox.
    For such a basic and common operation, you'd think RIM would have implemented this functionality by now. Sheesh.
    08-10-10 12:22 PM
    Why can't you hit the delete button? If you have the "delete confirmation" set to No, it should delete it and move to the next. I have not tried this with one open though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-10 01:45 PM
    For such a basic and common operation, you'd think RIM would have implemented this functionality by now. Sheesh.
    buy an iPhone and stfu. sheesh on YOU. there is NO WAY that ANY OS will have PRECISELY the PERFECT set of features to please EVERY PERSON in EVERY WAY. get over it.
    08-10-10 01:50 PM
    Why can't you hit the delete button? If you have the "delete confirmation" set to No, it should delete it and move to the next. I have not tried this with one open though.

Zapp wants to delete an opened email and have it move on to the next opened email. Its not possible. You can only go back to the Inbox as stated before. Has nothing to do with the Iphone and there's nothing wrong with asking that question.

08-10-10 02:00 PM
    Yup, you have to physically open each one.

08-10-10 04:12 PM
    While in an email you can press N or P to read through all your email. Then delete specific ones after. Not exactly what you're looking for.

08-10-10 04:29 PM
  9. T
    Another idea along the same lines (though it, too, won't delete) is click menu when the email is open and select "next unopened item."
    08-10-10 04:50 PM
    Thanks everyone, except for dave1812.

Obviously Blackberry can't accommodate what I'm looking for. I receive several hundred emails every day and tend to delete 90 percent of them immediately after viewing them, so this is the type of feature I think Blackberry should have, especially since it's geared toward the business user.

As for an iPhone, I'm not interested, LOL.
    08-12-10 03:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD