I have a problem with all of my email accounts. If my phone is left alone, my email messages are not being delivered. As soon as I use the phone, say to browse the web, then it seems to wake up and I get all the messages delivered at once.

For example, if I stop using the phone at 11am, and pick it up at 3pm, I will have no messages. As soon as I do something that "wakes up" the network, I will get emails delivered that have times on them from, say, noon.

I can't think of anything that I've changed on the phone, and it's happening with 4 of my email accounts from different providers. Don't know about texts since I don't use those too often.

Any insights welcome!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-10 05:14 AM
    I have a problem with all of my email accounts. If my phone is left alone, my email messages are not being delivered. As soon as I use the phone, say to browse the web, then it seems to wake up and I get all the messages delivered at once.

For example, if I stop using the phone at 11am, and pick it up at 3pm, I will have no messages. As soon as I do something that "wakes up" the network, I will get emails delivered that have times on them from, say, noon.

I can't think of anything that I've changed on the phone, and it's happening with 4 of my email accounts from different providers. Don't know about texts since I don't use those too often.

Any insights welcome!

I was having a near identical problem on Verizon, after troubleshooting for almost 3 months they handed me a new S2 because they had run out of things to try. Seems to have cleared the problem for the most part. Although I keep wondering if it's not totally corrected, as yesterday I kept getting an email or two along with a text, and vice versa. With you having that on a different carrier and my getting a new device seeming to fix it, I wonder if there's something with certain phones having connection issues. I should add with this new one, which I've had for a little over a month, most days it's just fine - the one it replaced it was an "every day, all day" problem.
    Last edited by genomos; 11-13-10 at 02:29 PM.
    11-13-10 02:25 PM
    having this prob w/ gmail
    11-13-10 02:54 PM
    having this prob w/ gmail
    I probably could have mentioned mine was with gmail too, wonder if the OP's in the same boat.
    11-13-10 03:06 PM
    Do you guys have Auto More enabled? Enabled Push?
    Have you enabled wap push applications?
    Last edited by albee 1; 11-13-10 at 04:31 PM.
    11-13-10 04:28 PM
    Do you guys have Auto More enabled?

As a matter of fact I do, thinking that's the cause?
    11-13-10 04:30 PM
    If it wasn't enabled I would.

11-13-10 04:32 PM
    Under Menu/Options/Browser Options. All my boxes are checked and all permissions are set to Allow or Auto. My email has worked flawlessly for over a year. I would like to help you guys figure this out.

11-13-10 04:36 PM
    If it wasn't enabled I would.

Dunno about the other two, but I'm going to see how it goes with it disabled; most of my emails don't need it.
    11-13-10 04:36 PM
    Keep us posted how it goes.

11-13-10 04:41 PM
    Keep us posted how it goes.

Already notice a difference. Crackberry normally sends thread updates after two or three posts, now it's instant.
    11-13-10 04:47 PM
    genomos, what exactly did you disable?

I have everything enabled. This is happening with yahoo mail, my blackberry mail to my phone, and my school account. I don't have gmail, but no reason why that would be different here I guess
    11-13-10 05:02 PM
    oops, looks like Under the Browser push, I have everything enabled EXCEPT SMSC Hosts, which is deny all. I can't imagine that would be it though, since I have changed nothing, and this is a new problem.
    11-13-10 05:10 PM
    genomos, what exactly did you disable?

I have everything enabled. This is happening with yahoo mail, my blackberry mail to my phone, and my school account. I don't have gmail, but no reason why that would be different here I guess
    Only thing I changed was disable Auto More, left my other settings alone. And if it's a server problem, then account type shouldn't matter. Still, I find it interesting that my getting a new device was a massive improvement if nothing else, and I say this as I'm not entirely sure it's solved - from the time it took between trying something and having to try something else. Disabling Auto More had an instant result, not something I had to wait and see.
    11-13-10 05:21 PM
    Mysteries in BB Land part III haha!

11-13-10 05:25 PM
    I had forgotten to try the good old "battery pull", so I just tried that. I will test it out this afternoon. If that doesn't fix it, then I will disable the Auto More and see if that makes a difference.
    11-13-10 05:29 PM
    Keep me posted guys. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

11-13-10 05:39 PM
    My 8330 Curve on Verizon has started doing this for the last week or so. Battery has been pulled numerous times and it still does it.

11-14-10 01:28 AM
    My 8330 Curve on Verizon has started doing this for the last week or so. Battery has been pulled numerous times and it still does it.

Did it for almost 3 months for me, persisted through daily battery pulls, weekly loading of various OS's including hybrids, and all the suggestions Verizon could come up with.
    11-14-10 01:36 AM
    Looks like the battery pull worked for me. I thought it might have something to do with memory sweep, since I messed with that also. But since I last posted, I've had the memory sweep on and off, and everything has worked fine since the battery pull. I guess I got lucky!
    11-21-10 11:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD