Ok I think this IT guy is a moron. My friends blackberry ask him to sign in and revalidate his account every night from 1-2pmish. His IT guy told him its a problem with blackberrys and it happens all the time and he needs to download an update. He got very defensive when we brought up that it could be the server.
    I think it is a problem with his server since it happens around same time every night, 1-2 amish. If it is the server is there anything he can tell the IT guy to fix it? or am I just wrong and this IT guy know what he's talking about.
    Its an IMAP. He also has a gmail and that one does not become unvalid.
    10-24-08 04:22 PM
    Ok I think this IT guy is a moron. My friends blackberry ask him to sign in and revalidate his account every night from 1-2pmish. His IT guy told him its a problem with blackberrys and it happens all the time and he needs to download an update. He got very defensive when we brought up that it could be the server.
    I think it is a problem with his server since it happens around same time every night, 1-2 amish. If it is the server is there anything he can tell the IT guy to fix it? or am I just wrong and this IT guy know what he's talking about.
    I'd probably say that its a server issue. The one I have for work always says "Validating encryption" or "Organizing Address Books" and it's always when the IT guys do something with the server IT policy.
    10-24-08 05:36 PM
    Ja ja ja...it happens all the time when the mail server isn't available! Yes...it would be the server. For whatever reason, the server is not accessible when being polled for email. So after a while, the account goes invalid. They may be taking it offline for nightly backups or the user may not have access during certain times...you'll need to find out from the IT dude what's going on nightly...

I'd probably say that its a server issue. The one I have for work always says "Validating encryption" or "Organizing Address Books" and it's always when the IT guys do something with the server IT policy.
    Sounds like you're on a BES at work which is a different scenario than sleepy's friend.

hth,

e.n.
    10-24-08 07:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD