Hi,

I am trying to set up my outlook email address on my blackberry, that has worked on other blackberries before. I manually inputted the settings: pop, server: outlook.com, and my correct email address and password.

My gmail account works, but my outlook email address will not work. Every 10 minutes, I get something that says "validate email address." I go into settings and type in my password, and it says "password successful." How can I fix this problem and get this outlook email to work on my blackberry?

Thank you so much.
    03-27-11 02:52 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry, jkarrr90.

Since it sounds like you know what you're doing and you've been able to get it to work previously, I'd check with your carrier for some diagnostics and help.
    03-28-11 07:57 AM
    Is "outlook.com" exactly what your entered into the Server section? If so, I don't think this is right. I have Comcast so for the server section I enter in "mail.comcast.net".
    03-28-11 08:29 AM
    Hi,

I am trying to set up my outlook email address on my blackberry, that has worked on other blackberries before. I manually inputted the settings: pop, server: outlook.com, and my correct email address and password.

My gmail account works, but my outlook email address will not work. Every 10 minutes, I get something that says "validate email address." I go into settings and type in my password, and it says "password successful." How can I fix this problem and get this outlook email to work on my blackberry?

Thank you so much.
    THe 2 people above me are correct.

Whatever emial you have in outlook the pop3 and smtp settings are going to usually be mail.whatever your email company you are using like mine at home is mail.comcast.net etc.

On my BB that is different because I use gmail and have it set up as am IMAP acct. Get your correct settings and you will be good to go.
    03-28-11 09:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD