Existing talking points as to the lack of availability for the Keyone...
    ...Is that demand for the Keyone significantly exceeded expectations.
    ...And that every unit that was available sold out.

I've been a fan of Blackberry for years and still use one daily ( now in addition to an iPhone )...
    ...And I've noticed as of June 10, 2017 there are literally NO user reviews for the Keyone.
    ...What's out there are "professional reviews".

This is unlike it's been in the past - to the degree I'm starting to wonder...
    ...If demand expectations were SO LOW hardly any phones were built.
    ...And that this whole thing is more of an experiment - a kind of flim-flam.
    ...As in: Manufacture the demand BEFORE manufacturing the product?

Because there was literally no demand for Blackberry they didn't want to spend millions...
    ...Building devices that may have sat on the shelves & not sold ( which I can appreciate ).
    ...So to pull it off - and this is an exaggeration:

Manufacture 1000 phones ( keeping the actual number of phones secret )....
    ...They sell out immediately of course because the stock was so low.
    ...Then a buzz is created about how the demand was WAY PAST Expectations.

The Mfg. gets a feel for what stock they can produce moving forward that WILL SELL...
    ...Because they've got "Pending Orders" for them via Amazon & Best Buy.
    ...It just seems as if this is the case here.

We should be seeing scores of regular joe user reviews / unboxing video's by this point....
    ...Yet we're not seeing that - I ordered a Keyone via Amazon about two weeks ago.
    ...not a peep.

Well, what do ya think? Conspiracy theory or is this a possibility.
    Aman Darred and JWWDUKE like this.
    06-10-17 10:55 AM
    Agreed.

I felt that TCL announced a launch date that BlackBerry Mobile could not meet. So they in a sense had a soft launch on Amazon and Best Buy. Amazon can show listings active without the product on hand, hence the 1-2 month wait time. Best buy I believe uses drop shipping techniques so the product is shipped direct from the manufacturer.

Also, the fact that no carriers have launched in the USA and it's only the unlocked variants going out.... Doesn't seem well put together. But then again the Google Pixel had issues on launch as well. I suspect the average consumer can expect access well into quarter 3-4. By then a lot of the tech reviewer buzz will be long forgotten, and the specs will really look old. Shame, because that hardware package is an efficient powerhouse. Hope it is future proofed well enough for android.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-17 11:19 AM
    friend ordered one. notice said he would get around end of June. he got it this week.
    06-10-17 12:54 PM
    Agreed that the buzz is dying down daily. This is a mess.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-17 01:32 PM
    Conspiracy theory.

Conspiracy theory driven by the BlackBerry fanatics on this site for whom the latest and greatest in Chinese gadgets is the be all, end all, and their sole focus.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-17 04:52 PM
    The simpler answers are: BBMo couldn't afford to create excess inventory, and they only took on the project 7 months ago, which means they had only 6 months to gear up for not just a new device, but a new brand. Therefore, they kept production very low to keep it in line with longer-term demand, even at the expense of failing to meet the initial demand spike. They probably figure that, being the only relevant PKB device, they wouldn't lose many sales by doing so, and they minimize their risk.

Obviously I have no inside info, but IMO it's the most logical explanation.
    nomi1978, Elephant_Canyon and TGR1 like this.
    06-11-17 02:28 PM
    There you go making sense again Troy.
    TGR1 likes this.
    06-11-17 02:52 PM
    This is a waste of a thread. Shut it dowm.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-17 02:53 PM