I'm just curious about the effect of turning on/using wifi for others on the 8530 model. When I enable wifi, my battery drains quickly even when I'm not using the phone (I do have a couple of apps updating periodically in the background all the time) and even when I am just indoors in my house (with great wifi coverage, and no searching for a signal). I understand that leaving wifi on when out and about could cause battery drain as it continually scans for a connection, but this is in a fixed location. I turned wifi on the other day with 50% battery left, and I looked up info on 1 movie and downloaded 1 trailer and watched it - an hour later my battery was *dead*. I took my phone off the charger one morning, with wifi enabled, and my battery was at 45% in 3 hours.

Is this normal?
    01-29-10 03:10 PM
    No. Wifi does shorten battery life, but the factory wall charger charges at almost 1% per minute (if you are not using the phone)

Is it the factory wall charger?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-10 02:05 AM
    it sucks the juice out of the battery very fast.
    01-30-10 03:59 AM
    yes wifi will drain ur battery
    01-30-10 04:04 AM
    Yes, it's the factory wall charger that came with the phone.

Thanks for the response everyone, sounds like this is a common experience. I am a bit disappointed in that - I was looking forward to something that would help my data experience, but when draining the battery that quickly it's almost useless.
    02-01-10 09:08 AM
    I'm just curious about the effect of turning on/using wifi for others on the 8530 model. When I enable wifi, my battery drains quickly even when I'm not using the phone (I do have a couple of apps updating periodically in the background all the time) and even when I am just indoors in my house (with great wifi coverage, and no searching for a signal). I understand that leaving wifi on when out and about could cause battery drain as it continually scans for a connection, but this is in a fixed location. I turned wifi on the other day with 50% battery left, and I looked up info on 1 movie and downloaded 1 trailer and watched it - an hour later my battery was *dead*. I took my phone off the charger one morning, with wifi enabled, and my battery was at 45% in 3 hours.

Is this normal?
    See I also own one 8530.Ialso found that the battery drains out fast.
    The problem is not with the fone.It is with the battery which comes along with the fone.When I used the 8330 previous model battery CS-2 it works fine .No drain at all.Only use the wifi,bluetooth ,or any kind of networking tools when u needed.Disable all the applications for better battery life .
    Hope u understand .
    Once again the 8530 battery is really heavy drain one.It lasts only 12 hours .
    Replace it with a 8330 CS-2 battery if u can find one.
    thank u
    10-23-10 03:24 AM
    See I also own one 8530.Ialso found that the battery drains out fast.
    The problem is not with the fone.It is with the battery which comes along with the fone.When I used the 8330 previous model battery CS-2 it works fine .No drain at all.Only use the wifi,bluetooth ,or any kind of networking tools when u needed.Disable all the applications for better battery life .
    Hope u understand .
    Once again the 8530 battery is really heavy drain one.It lasts only 12 hours .
    Replace it with a 8330 CS-2 battery if u can find one.
    10-23-10 03:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD