...that's why we don't offer their phones anymore"

Stunned by this response from EE customer retention when I asked for an upgrade to a Z30.
    04-07-14 04:28 AM
    Why? EE has been running their stock low for a while now. Nothing carriers say these days about BlackBerry should be surprising any more, especially from the phone jockeys. I know, I used to be one for AT&T and very rarely do they ever know wth they're talking about. They're not paid enough to care about anything that's 'not in their system'.

Why is EE only selling BlackBerry's to UK business users? | CrackBerry.com
    04-07-14 04:35 AM
    Various sellers are saying Blackberry is either not trading now, or they are no longer selling handsets. Blackberry say nothing, but start selling phones on their website.

So, what's going on ? Concentration on Enterprise and let the public side go?

If it were just the sellers not selling now, I would think it was giving up on Blackberry. But its also Blackberry selling direct. And, Blackberry not seeming to care about these networks dumping them.

Two things can be co-incidence.....three are normally deliberate.
    04-07-14 04:45 AM
    Various sellers are saying Blackberry is either not trading now, or they are no longer selling handsets. Blackberry say nothing, but start selling phones on their website.

So, what's going on ? Concentration on Enterprise and let the public side go?

If it were just the sellers not selling now, I would think it was giving up on Blackberry. But its also Blackberry selling direct. And, Blackberry not seeming to care about these networks dumping them.

Two things can be co-incidence.....three are normally deliberate.
    A toxic relation with previous way of doing things, does not fit into the new way things are being done.

BlackBerry will eventually pry themselves out of the current contractual obligations, and renegotiate new ones.
    04-07-14 05:32 AM
    A toxic relation with previous way of doing things, does not fit into the new way things are being done.

BlackBerry will eventually pry themselves out of the current contractual obligations, and renegotiate new ones.
    Another question to ask.....how many area reps were in the last round of redundancies. If Blackberry are leaving the networks, there is no need for area reps.
    granne2970 likes this.
    04-07-14 06:07 AM
    Geez - I thought there was some materially impacting announcement coming by your headline ... not that some peon at a carrier spread misinformation.
    geekaren likes this.
    04-07-14 06:09 AM

If it were just the sellers not selling now, I would think it was giving up on Blackberry. But its also Blackberry selling direct.
    BBRY is selling direct because carriers have given up on them - the volumes are too low to be sustainable.

And, Blackberry not seeming to care about these networks dumping them.

I would think 'powerless' is a better way to describe it.
    Last edited by cgk; 04-07-14 at 07:06 AM.
    JeepBB likes this.
    04-07-14 06:32 AM
    Please note...."BBRY is selling direct because the carriers have given up on them"...is not part of a post I did. A miss quote I think....not an issue but just pointing it out before I'm jumped on
    04-07-14 06:50 AM
    Please note...."BBRY is selling direct because the carriers have given up on them"...is not part of a post I did. A miss quote I think....not an issue but just pointing it out before I'm jumped on
    My mistake I've fixed it.
    04-07-14 07:06 AM
    My mistake I've fixed it.
    Cheers.
    04-07-14 07:15 AM