When replying to an email, and including the text of the mail to which I'm replying, I'm unable to edit the quoted/included text and add my comments below it. I'm forced to delete it all or leave it all there, and to put my comments on top. This is against the etiquette of many listservs. I can, of course, select text to be quoted, then delete the original and paste it into my email, but in doing so I lose the header and identification of who said it.

On searching CB, I find that some people claim that they can edit quoted/included text in replies, which seems odd.

My old SideKick was able to edit quoted text in replies, and to be smart about placing '>' characters at the start of lines, or to use other user-selectable quoting systems. I find it annoying that BBs can't do this, since email is supposedly their strength.

So you suppose it's possible that an app could be developed that would do this for BBs? Do other devices (besides SideKick) do it better?
    12-22-10 03:22 PM
    Forward*Reply*and*Edit

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by chrisy520; 12-22-10 at 03:29 PM.
    12-22-10 03:26 PM
    Forward*Reply*and*Edit

Thanks. I did try it, but it doesn't work on my device. Maybe a future version will work.

12-22-10 06:40 PM
    On the 9800 and OS6 select the text you wish to include, copy, and then past into the reply. Then you are able to edit with select once more. Cumbersome more than Forward, Reply, and Edit but until they provide an OS6 friendly app we have little option.
    12-23-10 07:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD