Ok, this is so stupid. I went to edit the settings on one of my e-mail accounts today and I got a message saying that a software upgrade is required to do continue. Are you kidding me? First of all, why? Second, and maybe even the better question, why in the world are there so many required software upgrades required. Then, you have to wait FOREVER for the stupid upgrade!!! This particular phone is only about 1.5 months old and I've already had a few software upgrades. Really? So annoying! Ok, I'm done; I'm going to try to relax now.
    05-18-11 11:36 AM
    Oh, and BTW, while waiting for this stupid upgrade (which I still am) I'm receiving email and text messages that I can't get to.
    05-18-11 11:38 AM
    Do a battery pull and try it again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-11 03:28 PM
    I got the same message the other day. I was under the impression that it was due to the new BIS being rolled out.

I could be mistaken.

05-18-11 04:38 PM
    just upgrade it.. how often to you change your email settings..?. press and hold the bb button to use the app switcher to go to your messages, and leave the upgrade running in the background...
    05-18-11 07:19 PM
    I got the same message the other day. I was under the impression that it was due to the new BIS being rolled out.
    Same here, I finally let it upgrade, and everything's working fine afterwards...
    05-18-11 08:48 PM
  7. T
    If I never edit my accounts, will I never need the update? Or is it only for the newer devices and operating systems?

05-18-11 09:24 PM
    If I never edit my accounts, will I never need the update? Or is it only for the newer devices and operating systems?

You will be prompted to update next time you try and log in from device... You can always use the actual BIS website to make changes inbetween updates...

05-18-11 09:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD