OK, so I got a hand me down Bold 9780 and popped in my SIM card. This is my first crackberry so I'm just getting used to how this thing works but the things that are troubling me the most are:

1) Stuck in EDGE mode and doesn't go to 3G..

2) WiFi icon is on the screen but I'm not connecting to my wireless router.. It wants me to enter a PIN into my router to connect to my router but am I going to have to do this every time I want to cruise the web via WiFi??

3) I enabled the GPS but all my coordinates and everything is all zeros.. Does this mean GPS is not working or am I just lacking a GPS app?

Sorry if these are dumb questions but I would appreciate any quick answers...

Thanks!!!!!
    03-10-11 03:10 PM
    1) If you're using a TMO device on AT&T, then you'll never get 3G because the 2 companies use different frequencies.

2) You need to set up and save a profile for your router. Manage Connections > Set up Wifi Network, and follow the instructions.

3) Go outside and refresh your GPS. Options > Device > GPS > Menu > Refresh GPS, and wait for a satellite fix.
    jasonreynoldsus likes this.
    03-10-11 03:20 PM
    1) If you're using a TMO device on AT&T, then you'll never get 3G because the 2 companies use different frequencies.

2) You need to set up and save a profile for your router. Manage Connections > Set up Wifi Network, and follow the instructions.

3) Go outside and refresh your GPS. Options > Device > GPS > Menu > Refresh GPS, and wait for a satellite fix.
    Yea, I guess that's it. I'm using a AT&T SIM with a T-Mobile BB. I'll try the other suggestions later.. Thanks!!
    03-10-11 03:39 PM
    Yea, I guess that's it. I'm using a AT&T SIM with a T-Mobile BB. I'll try the other suggestions later.. Thanks!!
    However, the phone is unlocked.. I guess it doesn't matter?
    03-10-11 03:40 PM
    However, the phone is unlocked.. I guess it doesn't matter?
    Unfortunately not

You need a 9780 with 3G bands 1, 2, 5 & 6 to get 3G on AT&T... you have a 9780 with 3G bands 1, 4 & 8.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-11 03:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD