I copied and pasted someone else's thread but corrected it in the steps that I have done.

- SIM and battery pull (multiple times)
    - Wipe and Rinstall with "JL_Cmder" (multiple times)
    - Downgraded
    - Got a new SIM card
    - "Register Now" from Host Routing Table menu (nothing happens, and there are no entries in HRT)
    - Other basic troubleshooting stuff
    - Checked to see if data is on and it is!

I called my provider, they told me I do have a blackberry data plan and that there is no problem on their part. They reset the network and that didn't work..

I put my SIM card in my Moms phone and that DID work. So now I know it's my phone itself. Please help!!!!!
    Last edited by elsesea; 02-19-11 at 01:56 AM.
    02-19-11 01:51 AM
    What phone? What OS?

Anyway, try this first to resend your service books:

1. From Options->Advanced Options->Host Routing Table->menu key->Register Now->Ok. That will send the registration email and basic service books to your phone.

2. From either your carrier BIS site online, or from the Personal Email Setup on your phone, log in and hit help on the PC, or menu key on the phone to resend the service books. You'll receive an email for each email you have registered.
    02-19-11 03:30 AM
    I had this problem too and had to call customer service.

While your phone is off, take out the battery and the sim card. Let it rest for 5 minutes and then insert everything back in and turn it on. If it doesn't work, you have to call them.
    02-19-11 09:28 AM
    I notice that you also said the following in another thread...

"Hi, I have a quick question..
    I bought my Blackberry from someone over the internet.. I've been having problems with the network but other then that it works fine. I called my provider (Rogers) and they gave me many tutorials on how to fix it. Unfortunately I was unable to fix the problem so they told me to go to the nearest Rogers store, buy a SIM card and call them so that they can pretty much pay for it by putting credit on my account. Prior to this when I was talking to the person over the phone I flipped because they were not being much help.. He put his supervisor on the phone and that's when I was told to buy a SIM card and so on, and so on.. He then told me that if the SIM card did not fix the problem that he will make sure my phone gets replaced. BUT I bought it over the internet. I knew that would effect my phone being replaces so I told him that the phone I am complaining about is my Mom's old Blackberry. He told me it isn't a problem and that on their records it says I got the phone two days ago because that's when I got my Blackberry data plan. I'm still a little nervous about this. What if the SIM card doesn't fix the problem- will they actually replace my phone?"

Where "online" did you buy the phone? If it was off of Ebay or something, and the phone isn't brand new, there's a chance it is stolen and that the PIN is blacklisted, in which case BIS will not work. Also, which model is it and what OS are you using?
    02-19-11 12:00 PM
    Did the seller call his/her provider to have the PIN released? Even if the device was not reported lost or stolen, if the original owner did not release the PIN, nobody else can add that PIN to a BIS account.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-11 12:18 PM
    I bought the phone from someone on Kijiji. So if the pin was not registered I can never use bbm or anything? Is there anyway I can fix this?
    02-19-11 01:46 PM
    You need to contact the seller so they can get the pin released.
    02-19-11 02:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD