Does anyone read books on blackberry if so which is the best program to use?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-28-09 10:44 AM
    Take a look at Shortcovers or EReader. I found them both very easy to use.
    06-28-09 10:48 AM
    Now with shortcover do you have to have a signal to read the book? Or can you read it offline?
    06-28-09 11:20 AM
    Been a while since I used Shortcovers, but I believe so. I do know that with Ereader, you can download to your media card to read when "offline"
    06-28-09 11:34 AM
    Try Wattpad or MTextReader.

MTextReader is a java app for textfiles that will run on any phone. Works well on the Bold. I mapped the left and right buttons to Q and P respectively.

Wattpad is more Bold native, and allows for downloading wattpad format stuff off the internet.

Try both.
    06-28-09 11:46 AM
    Mobipocket is another. Mobipocket and eReader both are electronic book ereaders that you usually pay for the books (the readers are both free). I can't comment on shortcovers as I have no experience. I like both Mobi and eReader just to have options for unexpected "down" time. It takes some adjustment getting used to reading from a bb screen (versus an actual book) but I find after about a chapter I'm fine.
    06-28-09 12:04 PM
    I don't know how anyone could stand the idea of reading all those words on a phone screen. I think my eyes would fall out. Have you ever thought of listening to your books on your BB? I found a place called booksfree (Online Book Rental Service, Rent Books or Audio Books on CD at Booksfree - Books Version of Netflix says O Magazine), and no, they are not free, but for $19, or $29, or $35 per month (depending on how many books you want to have checked out at one time) they ship you audio books. It's a huge library, they pay for shipping and I just rip them to my BB and listen. It's great because you can listen to a book while doing things like driving, watching a ball game or kids practice, blah, blah, blah.
    06-28-09 01:25 PM
    I use Mobipocket reader. Love it!

06-28-09 01:30 PM
    I use dailylit.com. Not really an ebook reader but they send chapters to you daily via email. They don't have a wide range of titles but I find it works just as well if you find something you like.
    06-28-09 02:24 PM
    +1 for mobipocket here. It has a nice pc converter application as well so if you have ebooks in other formats you can make them work on the BB reader.

Also, audible.com is another alternative for audio books. I think they now are set up for BB.

06-28-09 07:49 PM
    +1 Mobipocket
    06-28-09 10:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD