02-15-10 07:59 AM
38 12
tools
    Where can I find ebooks for my crackberry? I really want to have some books to read on this thing lol!

02-16-09 01:59 PM
    You can get MobiPocket which is free. It has a great file creator which you can use to make your own ebook files from PDF, Word, ebook, or you can just buy directly from the Mobipocket store wirelessly.
    02-16-09 02:04 PM
    Thank you tons ! I am going to DL it now.....phones are slow in the office today lol!
    02-16-09 02:07 PM
    I use WattPad. Free app and free e-books!!! I am currently reading Agatha Christie's Murder on the Orient Expres and Michael Connelly's Blood Work. Works great. Read e-books on mobile phone / Wattpad
    02-16-09 03:00 PM
    I use WattPad. Free app and free e-books!!! I am currently reading Agatha Christie's Murder on the Orient Expres and Michael Connelly's Blood Work. Works great. Read e-books on mobile phone / Wattpad
    I second wattpad as being an excellent option. For a totally free e-book application it has a surprising number of new and quality books all formatted for easy reading. I just finished reading Brisingr and was very happy
    02-16-09 04:07 PM
    Also check out the entertainment tab of Viigo reader. It will download free ebooks in chunks.
    02-16-09 04:17 PM
    Where can I find ebooks for my crackberry? I really want to have some books to read on this thing lol!

Mobipocket is by far the best reading app for Blackberries. Once you have this application installed, you can download free public domain books or modern books under the (Creative Common license) at the following sites. Make sure to download the (MOBI/PRC) files.

feedbooks.com
    (mobile page)
    feedbooks.com/mobile

MobileRead
    mobileread.com/forums/ebooks.php?forumid=128
    m.mobileread.com/forums/ebooks.php?forumid=128

manybooks.net
    (mobile page)
    mnybks.net

Stand alone Java eBook reader (must be run in compatibility mode)
    (download a JAD for each book)

booksinmyphone.com/
    (mobile site)
    mobile.booksinmyphone.com

=X=
    02-16-09 04:31 PM
    Blackberrybooks.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-09 05:10 PM
    Sorry http://blackberrybooks.com

02-16-09 05:12 PM
    I DLED mobipocket and purchased a book but I don't know how to read it lol!
    02-16-09 05:39 PM
    Does it show up in the library in mobipocket? I know when I added books I converted on my pc to my sd card they showed right up. I haven't tried buying anything from mobi yet.

02-16-09 05:55 PM
    I DLED mobipocket and purchased a book but I don't know how to read it lol!
    It usally helps if you know how to read

On a serious note how did you buy the book? Through the website or from your phone?

Either way you have to download the book to your device. You do this on your PC from within MobiReader or from your phone. On the phone
    1) Launch MobiPocket
    2) Open the menu select menu "My Account".
    //It will list all of the book stores that sell mobipocket books. The default is mobipocket.com, but recommend you start buying from FictionWise or BooksonBoard ther're much cheaper than MobiPocket. Select "Mobipocket.com".
    3) Login with account info (username/password).
    //Once connected it will list the books you have purchased.
    4) Select book. Popup menu is disoplayed select the "Download" menu option.
    //Then go back to your "Library".
    5) Open menu select "Library"

The book is now in you library/phone and you will not have to download it again. Just click on the book and it will open up.

=X=
    Last edited by _X_; 02-16-09 at 06:07 PM.
    02-16-09 06:04 PM
    It usally helps if you know how to read

On a serious note how did you buy the book? Through the website or from your phone?

Either way you have to download the book to your device. You do this on your PC from within MobiReader or from your phone. On the phone
    1) Launch MobiPocket
    2) Open the menu select menu "My Account".
    //It will list all of the book stores that sell mobipocket books. The default is mobipocket.com, but recommend you start buying from FictionWise or BooksonBoard ther're much cheaper than MobiPocket. Select "Mobipocket.com".
    3) Login with account info (username/password).
    //Once connected it will list the books you have purchased.
    4) Select book. Popup menu is disoplayed select the "Download" menu option.
    //Then go back to your "Library".
    5) Open menu select "Library"

The book is now in you library/phone and you will not have to download it again. Just click on the book and it will open up.

=X=

Thanks a lot X!!!! I appriciate your help tons!

02-16-09 06:10 PM
    Thanks for the info everyone, because my friend just asked me about how to read ebooks on their BB!
    02-17-09 12:50 AM
    I have mobipocket but there is a book I wanted from fictionwise that is not in mobipocket format but is in secure adobe. Can that be converted in the mobipocket reader or is it only regular adobe files, not secure?
    02-27-09 05:37 AM
    Question, just DL'd mobipocket. Is is supposed to run in the background upon closing? Mine is.
    02-27-09 05:57 AM
    You can completely close out of it by hitting shift Q.

02-27-09 06:18 AM
    You can completely close out of it by hitting shift Q.

Very nice! Thanks! I almost deleted it for that reason. I know I could have read instructions somewhere that told me that but I didn't (obviously).

Thanks again
    02-27-09 06:42 AM
    i have an adobe ebook too. can i get a viewer for that?
    03-03-09 07:18 PM
    The mobipocket converter for the pc will convert pdf to mobipocket format for use with the mobipocket viewer on your BB.

03-03-09 08:53 PM
    i have an ebook in .etd format. will this read that?
    03-03-09 09:43 PM
    +1 for mobipocket reader
    cubfanbu - i don't think the converter is able to convert .etd
    03-04-09 04:20 AM
    Fictionwise is working on a version of their eReader software for the BB. One of their suplliers for Mobipocket formatted books went out of business, so they aren't offering as many Mobipocket ebooks as they used to. Hopefully they will have the BB versio nof their reader ready soon, which will give access to all of their secure eReader files.

I've used Mobipocket for years, all the way back to my first PDA (Casio BE300). All the files I purchased from back then still work on my BB. I think that's pretty kewl.
    03-04-09 07:53 AM
    Project Gutenberg is the place I go for free ebook materials
    Simply download the pdf or word file
    Use mobipocket converter to convert

03-04-09 10:36 AM
    Question, just DL'd mobipocket. Is is supposed to run in the background upon closing? Mine is.
    The application does close down, although there is something in the program thet runs in the background so it can sync data with the PC version. That way, if you download books to your PC, the next time you connect your BB and run Mobipocket Reader on your PC, it will automatically transfer new books to your BB. I believe it also syncs any notes you may have made as well.
    03-04-09 12:10 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD