Has anyone checked out the reader that was posted on the blog today?

link

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-09 08:51 AM
    Project Gutenberg
    :O :O :O That looks amazing!!

I'm so disappointed my phone hasn't arrived today, and I'm out all day tomorrow. I can't believe how addicted I'm getting before my phone even gets here I'm worried now I'll be disappointed.
    03-09-09 09:36 AM
    i have an adobe ebook too. can i get a viewer for that?
    For the blackberry I'd recommend buying "RepliGo". It's $20 and handles larege PDF well. The text reflow is excellent on this product.
    You can also convert the PDF to a MOBI file via mobicreator. There are other tools at mobileread.com.

But nothing does a good job converting PDF, so I'd recommend buying RepliGo.

The mobipocket converter for the pc will convert pdf to mobipocket format for use with the mobipocket viewer on your BB.

Yes it does, and I've used it several times. But I much prefer reading from RepliGo it just saves so much time and looks much better than using MobiCreator

i have an ebook in .etd format. will this read that?
    This is not a file format. This file is used by Adobe DE DRM system. When you open up the EDT file with AdobeDE the secure PDF or ePUB is downloaded file. You will no longer need that etd file.

Project Gutenberg is the place I go for free ebook materials
    Simply download the pdf or word file
    Use mobipocket converter to convert
    Yes also check out manybooks.net or mnybks.net (mobile client). They have all of the PG books and more.

=X=

04-01-09 03:01 PM
    Hi I just downloaded the Barnes & Noble free ereader.... But when I go to try and download one of the free ebooks to check it out.... It says It doesn't have room to download. Do I have to get a card or something like that to be able to view them? TIA.
    02-14-10 07:26 AM
    I have the Barnes and noble ereader and I'm pretty sure the books get stored on the sd card.

02-14-10 07:32 AM
    You can get MobiPocket which is free. It has a great file creator which you can use to make your own ebook files from PDF, Word, ebook, or you can just buy directly from the Mobipocket store wirelessly.
    appreciate.I didn't knew of this app.
    02-14-10 07:41 AM
    What is a sd??? Thanks.

I have the Barnes and noble ereader and I'm pretty sure the books get stored on the sd card.

02-14-10 08:35 AM
    I think the person means a secure digital card..sd card or a storage card.
    02-14-10 09:37 AM
    Thank you.
    02-14-10 10:04 AM
    Project Gutenberg books are now available in mobipocket format directly from the Project Gutenberg site. When downloading a book, look for "Computer-Generated Files." Mobipocket (experimental) should be one of your choices. I download directly to the phone from PG and don't have to use the convertor or sync from the PC. Mobipocket will find the book automatically and add it to your library. I have had no problems with these files.
    02-14-10 12:54 PM
    I think the person means a secure digital card..sd card or a storage card.
    MicroSD card to be exact, since standard SD cards are different.

02-14-10 02:30 PM
    Yes, of course, thank you. Only a MICRO sd card will fit in your phone.
    02-14-10 02:33 PM
    Just a side note on ebook locations. If you are getting your ebooks from multiple sources, some may have to be copied to your SD card manually.

Mobipocket is looking for ebooks in the \ebooks folder.

Barnes & Noble's eReader is looking in the \BN_ebooks folder.

ereader.com also has a version of eReader out (since they created it) that works with their site (ereader.com) and with fictionwise.com. This version is looking in the \eReader folder for ebooks.

The Barnes & Noble version is built on ereader.com's version, but only looks at the Barnes & Noble website for your online library. The other version doesn't look at B&N, but at its own two sites. I like the look of the B&N overlay, but if you purchase ebooks at other sites, you'll have to download and transfer manually.

The Mobipocket software has the ability to connect to multiple stores from within the software, as well as download from them directly to the SD card. It also has desktop software which can be used to sync your ebooks (and annotations) between the two (this is why you see mobipocket running in the boackground).

It will be interesting to see what happens when Amazon released their Kindle software for BB.
    02-15-10 07:59 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD