Does anyone know a way that I can receive free outbid notices for my eBay auctions?
    07-29-08 08:41 AM
    Is the email account you use for ebay on your blackberry? eBay sends outbid notices via email.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-08 10:08 AM
    They'll do SMS alerts as well, but they'll rock ya like 15 cents per message or something like that.

I also tried the AIM notification just to play around, and it never worked, but there are several options for ya there.
    07-29-08 10:14 AM
    Adding your ebay email to your BB is the easiest/least expensive if you have a BB data plan. If you use a gmail/yahoo/and (sometimes) hotmail account, the notifications will be near instant.

07-29-08 10:17 AM
    Is the email account you use for ebay on your blackberry? eBay sends outbid notices via email.

no its not; I wonder if eBay lets you have 2 email addresses registered.
    07-29-08 10:36 AM
    You could either A) add the address you use on eBay to your BB .. or B) set a filter on your eBay address so the outbid notices forward to your BB
    07-29-08 11:21 AM
    You could either A) add the address you use on eBay to your BB .. or B) set a filter on your eBay address so the outbid notices forward to your BB
    good call; maybe I can do that
    07-29-08 01:35 PM

no its not; I wonder if eBay lets you have 2 email addresses registered.
    Raw, I'm not certain what you're saying "no it's not" about, but I can assure you I receive outbid notifications very email on every item I am outbidon. I also receive them as SMS alerts.
    07-29-08 01:40 PM
    Thanks I set up my gmail on my BB and filtered for the word ebay; when it finds the word ebay in the subject it forwards it to my BB; thanks again!!!
    07-29-08 01:42 PM

Just got one today! Make sure the email associated with ebay is on your BB
    07-29-08 01:44 PM
    Thanks I set up my gmail on my BB and filtered for the word ebay; when it finds the word ebay in the subject it forwards it to my BB; thanks again!!!
    Raw, you didnt have to set up word filters or anything like that. As long as the associated eBay email account is on your BB, your outbid, watched items, and won items will be sent to you via email. If you're filtering the word "eBay" you may get every item known to mankind and you specifically said in your original post, "notifications."

Does anyone know a way that I can receive free outbid notices for my eBay auctions?
    What I dont understand is your use of the word "free?" Notifications from eBay do not cost anything.
    07-29-08 06:16 PM
    sms from eBay cost $0.25 each
    07-29-08 08:26 PM
    sms from eBay cost $0.25 each
    Guess you better get yourself unlimited text cause I've never been charged for it.
    07-29-08 08:28 PM
    According to the ebay website, it's 25 cents for every 10 sms per item.
    07-29-08 08:31 PM
    According to the ebay website, it's 25 cents for every 10 sms per item.
    Per item? Really, how many times do you get outbid on per item?
    07-29-08 08:33 PM
    Per item? Really, how many times do you get outbid on per item?
    my problem has been resolved
    07-29-08 09:01 PM
    my problem has been resolved
    Good for you; but instead of posting you're problem has been resolved, share that resolutions for others that may run into the same thing.
    07-29-08 09:33 PM
    Good for you; but instead of posting you're problem has been resolved, share that resolutions for others that may run into the same thing.
    I did read post 9 in this thread
    07-29-08 09:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD